Chapter Nine

Alfred opened his bedroom door after putting his suit on for the day. He thought first to find Tim and see how he was doing. It was about 9:00 now, and he was probably awake. Slowly opening the door, he saw the room was empty. "Master Timothy?" Alfred called. No answer. Strange. Alfred look all around the house, but no answer. Alfred even called his cellphone, but still no one answered. He decided calling Barbra was a good idea, but no answer either. Dick was hopeless. Creeping up the stairs, Alfred walked slowly into Bruce's room, where he was getting ready for work.
"Alfred? What do you want? To give me another piece of advice?" Bruce said sarcastically. Alfred brush off his comment.
"Master Bruce, it appears that Tim as ran off. Probably to find Master Richard I'm assuming. I've called his cell but he didn't answer. I've also called Barbra, and Dick, but neither answered."
"They're probably fine." Bruce said flatly, tying his tie.
"If you say so." Alfred said. He made his way down to the bat-computer. He traced both Tim and Barbra's phones. His eyes widened in surprise. Rushing back upstairs, he has caught Bruce just before he left. "They're at a hospital in Boston. Boston City Hospital." Alfred said, trying to keep his voice steady.
"Alfred...who checked in?" Bruce said in a low voice.
"All three." Suddenly the phone rang. Bruce picked it up.
"Zatana?" He put it on speaker.
"Listen, you're going to be angry, so just listen. I called Barbra this morning and she didn't answer, and she's not one to do that, so unless she's with you, I think I know something. " She said.
"Continue."
"Okay, well, Babs slept over last night. At about 2:00, Tim called her, something about Dick. Next thing I know I'm teleporting her to your house. Then she called again about needed a car, so I made one appear. I think they were trying to get Dick somewhere."
"Zatana, all three of them were checked into into a hospital last night in Boston." The line was silent.
"Oh god..." She whispered.
"What? What is it?" Bruce said frantically.
"There...th-th-there was a c-car accident last night, on a highway near Boston City...you don't think...?"
"We'll figure this out." And he hung up. "I'm calling out of work." While he did that, Alfred got the car started and Bruce jumped in and they were off. "Can you go any faster?" Bruce said.
"Do you want to end up in a hospital too?" Alfred shot back. Bruce shut up after that. After about 5 hours of driving, after passing a car, an Impala, had flipped over into a tree, they pulled into the hospital, hardly caring about what was going on around them. Rushing to the front desk, he frantically stated: "I'm looking for three children that got checked in last night." The nurse didn't seem to care he was in a rush, and slowly looked through every document on her desk, but finally a nearby doctor came beside them and asked: "Are you the father of the three in the car crash last night?"
"Most likely yes. An older boy with black hair, a younger one, and a girl with red hair?" Bruce said, hoping it wasn't true. The doctor sighed.
"Yes. Come down here." The doctor lead them down a corridor, which lead to a small waiting room. "The girl is going to be okay. A minor concussion and a broken arm." The doctor pointed to a nearby room. "She's in there. Barbra Gordon, correct?" Bruce nodded. "She'll be able to leave by the end of the day."
"What about the two boys?" Bruce asked, trying to keep the panic out of his voice. The doctor looked down at the floor.
"The younger one will probably be okay. He got a piece of glass stuck in his chest, but it hardly broke the skin. It's easy to remove, but he'll need a few days here. His face is pretty scratched up. Most of the glass went to him." The doctor looked at Bruce. "It's the older one I'm worried about." The doctor started walking down to the end of the hall, where in one room, Dick was laying down, hooked up to a machine, and his leg lifted up. "He got shot in the leg. I don't know how, but it's definitely been there for weeks." Bruce gulped.
"He,uh, hasn't been home in a couple weeks." Bruce looked at the ground.
"He also got the worst of the whole crash. Collapsed lung, broken arm, and he pulled, like really pulled, a muscle in his back. It's going to take him awhile if he recovers."
If