Chapter 2

I laid next to Jesus on the couch and he held me

I laid next to Jesus on the couch and he held me. His fingers ran through my hair as he watched whatever was playing on the tv. I kept thinking about how fast things between Jesus and I are going. I mean I'd just met him and already am laying in his arms? He doesn't seem to mind or he would have said something right?

"Lynn?"

I get taken out of my head and see Jesus paused the movie. I looked up at him and he kissed my nose.

"Are you alright?" He asked furrowing his brows.

" Yeah just thinking." I shrug and sat up.

"About?"

"Is this going too fast? Are we moving too fast? We just met like 2 days ago and are already super affectionate towards each other. " I ranted till he cupped my cheeks. I crossed my eyes and looked down at my lips.

"It's okay. Don't you worry your pretty little self. " he kissed my cheek and got off the couch.

I pouted and grabbed his hand. He looked back at me and chuckled. I smiled and let him go wherever he was headed. I waited till he got back. He stood towering over me. I looked up at him.

"You're so tall!" I exclaimed, standing on the couch to wrap my arms around his neck easily.

"And you're so short." He smiled and pecked my lips.

I got off the couch as the front door opened. My dad saw Jesus and his face went red.

"Dad this is Jesu- Jesus Foster." He spoke up.

"Yeah? You know him?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"I mean I'm his principle." My dad said wearily.

"Well he's staying for dinner if that's okay?" I questioned.

"I guess that's fine. I'm going to go upstairs and change out of my work clothes then I'll be down to make dinner. Is fish and rice alright with you both?"

I look at Jesus and he shrugged and nodded. I turned to my dad and nodded. He smiled slightly and went upstairs into his room.

"Don't worry about him he's just very protective over me because of what happened ya know." I said grabbing his hand and pulling him upstairs into my room.