pre trainee fair (2)

February 26th 2017

"It's fine, right?" Taeyang asked, adjusting the microphone that went around his earpiece

"It's good." the woman behind him said, dropping a wire down the back of his shirt. She moved strands of his hair our from underneath the plastic, stepping away and allowing him to stand up.

"Everything good?" she asked, walking out of the busy room with him and leading him towards a large electronic board that sat backstage.

"Stand over there." she said, pointing a few feet away. She clicked a few buttons on and spoke into the microphone softly, dragging a few different settings up and down. "Testing, testing... louder or softer?"

"That's fine," he replied, not quite focused as he glanced at some of the other staff members walking around.

"Good." the woman nodded, clicking the machine off. She walked over to Taeyang, pointing back at the big panel of buttons. "You're performing live, but the earpiece is so that we can tell you things just in case."

"Thank you," Taeyang smiled in appreciation, the woman nodding and returning towards the busily packed room backstage. She stopped after a few steps, turning around and pointing to something behind the boy.

"F.O.X told me that he had gone ahead and tuned your guitar." she said, making Taeyang turn around to look at the acoustic guitar that sat on the stand near the wall. He nodded, heading straight towards the instrument as she returned to the room.

He wordlessly picked up the guitar, strumming a few chords lightly and testing out all of the open strings. He was about to quickly practice the song he was soon to perform, but a loud crowd of people's voices was quickly approaching.

"I'm not answering questions yet - there'll be more information during the performance," Woojin said quickly, making shooing motions towards the reporters and their frantic voices, pestering for information. He made his way towards the table that Taeyang was now sitting on, making a soft smile before being interrupted by the reporters' questions again.

"F.O.X, will you be performing your new song tonight at-"

"Again, like I said, all of your questions will be answered in a few hours, calm down." he sighed, waving them goodbye and glancing back for any form of security that had already arrived onsite.

"Taeyang, could you give us any information on your relationship with the upcoming boy group that-" a young woman began, holding a small box-like microphone near the boy's face.

"Uh..." Taeyang trailed off softly, glancing towards Woojin.

"Okay, okay," Woojin began, sighing annoyingly, "If I'm not answering your questions, don't go to him. Shoo, shoo, I promise everything will be revealed in two hours, okay?"

Finally a few managers and other staff arrived, carefully leading the reporters out of the area.

Taeyang strummed a careful D Minor chord, looking up at Woojin. "Thanks Hyung."

"No problem, I knew you could tune it but you were busy with makeup and hooking up and things so," he began, but Taeyang laughed a little and shook his head.

"I meant the reporters," he said, pointing towards the direction where the "mob" had left from. "But thank you for tuning the guitar too." he added.

They shared a light laugh, in the end Woojin sighing. "I knew releasing a teaser right before this performance would be a sketchy idea. Now this place is just gonna be flooded with reporters."

"You could consider it a good thing," Taeyang said, offering the idea lightly. "Now there'll be more coverage for your comeback."

Woojin laughed. "I think it was more of CEO-nim's way to get more coverage on you guys. But whatever, anything for my kids." he smiled, carefully petting the younger's head to avoid messing up his styled hair.

"Well I feel excluded," said someone from a few feet away. They both turned towards the voice, smiling at the boy's innocent smile. Woojin made a little gesture that let the brown-haired boy come over, petting the youngest's head as well, ruffling it a lot as if he was a happy puppy. The new boy only laughed from the affection.

"Hyung, I like the blonde," he said, pointing up at Taeyang's blonde hair.

"I thought you were gonna dye your hair too," Taeyang said, "When are you gonna get that done?"

"CEO-nim said I can't for another month since it'd make me look like I'm about to debut." the boy sighed, pouting a little.

"Well that's no fun, I dyed my hair..." Taeyang trailed off, glancing towards Woojin. The oldest gave a shrug.

"It makes sense, I guess. CEO-nim has always liked to cause rumors, you know?"