01.

"What am I gonna wear?" I mumble to myself in frustration. I need to not look homeless, but I also need to not look like I'm trying way too hard: the struggles of being a girl.

I try on at least two or three outfits before finally deciding on a white lace crop top, black jeans, and ankle boots. I decide to go light on my makeup, jewelry, and hair.

"Maggie, I'm leaving. Hurry up if you want a ride," Matt calls from downstairs.

I roll my eyes. "Why can't I just be good at driving?" I mumble to myself as I glide down the stairs.

I grab Matt's keys out of his hand and settle myself in the passenger seat of his car.

"I want to get to school early enough to see Ariana," He announces.

I make a gagging noise. Ariana is my best friend, other than Shawn. She has a massive crush on Matt, and he has one on her, yet they both refuse to date- a concept I'll never understand.

***

I run up to a small area by the cafe at which I see Shawn standing. He gives me a warm embrace as he greets me.

"You fell asleep on me last night," He chuckles and points out.

"I know, I'm sorry! Forgive me?" I fake a puppy dog face. "You know FaceTime calls make me tired."

He pretends to think about whether he should forgive me or not and then shrugs his shoulders. "Sure, why not?"

Aria Santos, my other best friend comes walking up to Shawn and I from a distance. She's honestly stunning, but she doesn't know her worth. She is a bit shorter than average height, has dark brown hair, and brown almond shaped eyes, with cream colored skin.

"What's up, lovebirds?" She questions.

"We're not dating!" Shawn and I lightly scream.

"Ugh, whatever. We have to go to English. Come on, Shawn." I drag Shawn along with me to a classroom on the far side of the building.

We each slip into two desks beside each other. I left my head up from desk and see a tiny woman with short black hair. She seems to be in her late 20s and I'm guessing that it's either her first or second year teaching here.

She turns around to the full class behind her. "Good morning! I'm Mrs. Rowan. I hope everyone had a wonderful summer!" She announces. "I know that most of you already know each other, but since I don't know any of you, we're gonna play a little ice breaker game."

The class goes the entire 50 minutes playing an icebreaker game, which was quite fun, to be honest.

***

After school, Matt and I go straight to Shawn's house. During the school year, I usually babysit/ look after Aaliyah after school because Shawn refuses to.

"I have homework in every class and my teachers are all talking about College apps already," I complain to Shawn and Matt.

Shawn glances slightly at me, not talking. Matt on the other hand, tells me that he doesn't care and to shut up. Gee, thanks for the love.

"Shawn, what's wrong?" I ask sympathetically.

His voice is low as he replies. "There's a rumour going around school that we're dating."