Seeing Them Again

Börja om från början

"Yep!" She paused for a moment to take a bite of her food. "Have you considered learning how to ride a dragon? Just because I know this whole boat thing is a problem and..."

"A dragon would be way better than a boat. But I wouldn't even know where to start."

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

"N-not that I'm aware of?" You weren't sure where this was going, but you had a pretty solid assumption.

"Then how about we go see Hiccup and talk to him about it?"

"I'd... Seriously? I mean. Yeah. That... That sounds great."

Maybe this boat thing wouldn't be an issue after all.

.: Snotlout :.

"Hey! G- I mean.... Hi... Gothi...." A familiar voice managed between coughs that you couldn't help but assume were fake after his initial enthusiasm. "I'm... Not feeling so well."

You looked up from the papers on basic ailments you had been reading, to see Snotlout standing in the doorway, looking perfectly fine save for the melodramatic frown on his face, and the way he was leaning against the door frame. Gothi looked over to you and rolled her eyes slightly, before gesturing for him to come in.

"What seems to be the problem?" You asked, trying your absolute hardest to sound concerned.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)." He replied, giving another weak cough. "I just... I think I'm coming down with something."

"Uh-huh." You glanced over at Gothi again, who looked thoroughly amused. "What kind of symptoms do you have?"

"I, uh... Just... Everything hurts," That was the answer he settled on, clutching his ribs for emphasis.

"Right. Okay... Anything else?" It was getting harder and harder to suppress the smirk you felt forming on your face.

"I don't know... I... Might have a fever." He leaned forward slightly, lifting his helmet enough to reveal most of his forehead. "Could you check?"

"I dunno. I might not be qualified yet." Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Gothi smile. "We might wanna let the professional handle this."

Right on cue, the elderly woman shuffled forward, and placed a hand to Snotlout's forehead - much to his dismay based on the look he gave. She held in there for a second before stepping back and nodding.

"What's the verdict?"

Gothi looked back at you, nodded once more, and then the silence was broken by a sharp thwack, and a girlish shriek. Snotlout was rubbing the back of his head, and Gothi's staff returned to her side. You weren't sure exactly how to respond, so you simply sat there with your mouth hanging open in shock, awkwardly giggling.

"Ow! Fine, I lied okay!?" Snotlout pouted, face turning crimson at the confession. "You're a mean old lady, you know that?"

She raised her staff yet again, sending the Jorgenson boy fleeing from the shack.

.: Ruffnut :.

The twins had brought you back to The Edge that night, and you were given a makeshift tent and bed to stay in - something that you might have come off as a little too grateful for. You expected they'd just let you stay the night and then try to find some way to get you out and on your way. What you didn't expect was waking up the next morning to the sound of shouting outside your tent. With heavy eyelids, you peered your head out, to see the twins standing there.