Chapter Fourteen

****ATTENTION: This is a much longer chapter. 2918 words, not counting this. I hope you still enjoy!****

As we set up for the party on Saturday, Nathan switched on and off from really excited to gloomy. Thinking that Jason wasn't coming brought him down which made me mad. I kept trying to cheer him up which would work for a little but he just went back to his gloominess.

I was mad because Nathan was sad but I couldn't really be mad at Jason for already having plans. As the party started and people began to show up, he cheered up a bit. He played with his cousins and ate cake happily. About 30 minutes into the party, there was a knock on the door. I answer it and am surprised to find out that it's Jason.

"I'm glad you made it. Nathan will be so excited. Hold on a sec."

I go find Nathan who's in the back yard on the bounce house that my dad ordered. I wave him over and he slides out the little exit and runs over to me.

"Yeah?"

"Go get the door, Bug. Someone is here for you."

He runs to the door and when he sees Jason he bounces up and down excited.

"Jason! Jason! Jason! You came!"

"Why wouldn't I be? I have to be here for my best buds birthday!"

They hug and I give him a look of approval. The party wears on and Nathan makes Jason get on the bounce house with him. I turn to go inside when Nathan yells back at me.

"No, Lissy! You have to get on too."

"I'm going to go...."

"And you can't say no! It's my birthday party."

"Yeah, Laylis." Jason chimes in. "It's his party. You can't say no."

When I finally give in, I spend my time throwing the little ones up so they'll land harder and bounce higher. I give a sigh of relief when it's present time because my arms were burning like fire. Jason thought it was pretty funny but I wasn't laughing. Before he got out I pushed him as hard as I could so he fell, bouncing on the floor and was trampled by the other little kids. Now that was funny.

After the gifts were finished being opened my mother thanked everyone for coming and wished them safe travels home.

"Wait. I have a gift for him."

Jason went in his bag and pulled out 2 little boxes that held silver bracelets with ice cream charms on them. Two bigger ones and a little one.

"In remembrance of our first day meeting." He said smiling.

Everyone awed and clapped because Nathan seemed to like that present over all the others. They awed even louder when he brought out a necklace and put it on me. I swear if I was looking in the mirror I would have been able to see my face turn three shades of red. I hoped my family didn't get the wrong idea.

Everyone sang happy birthday one more time before saying goodbye and leaving. I was walking outside to see Jason off when Nathan tugged on my arm.

"Yeah?"

"Your boyfriend is really nice. I like him."

"My what?"

"He should come over more." Then he ran off to bring his presents to his room so I continued to go outside.

"Hey, the bracelets and the necklace was a cute idea."

"Thanks, I thought you two would like it."