Giant Bunnies And Tiny Sisters

Start from the beginning

He's right. Of course he's right. "Goddammit," I sigh. He smiles, standing on his tiptoes until I lean down and let him peck me quickly on the lips.

"I'll be over in a bit, okay?"

"Yeah, sure," I answer, turning down the hall as he slips into the bathroom, already feeling colder without his presence. Begrudgingly I grab my suitcase from where we left it on the sofa, muttering to myself about how little Oikawa's opinions matter even though I know it's all bullshit.

I still have my head down, off in my own world of imagining what I'm walking away from right now, as I step out into the hallway. There's a sound of a door closing before I pull the one behind me shut, and my blood runs cold.

"Hoooooly shit."

I know that voice. Oh god. Oh god no. I look up; eyes connecting with Oikawa's across the hallway, a mix of surprise and complete elation hiding behind his irises.

"Oh my god. Oikawa-," I start, my stomach twisting at the way a smile starts to stretch across his face.

"Suga is going to shit himself," he says, and I feel myself blanch.

"Oikawa, don't you dare."

"See you later, Tobio," he waves, staring at me for another millisecond before breaking into a full sprint down the hallway.

"Fuck," I spit, taking off after him and leaving my suitcase on the threshold of Hinata's still open apartment door. "Get your ass back here Oikawa!"

He's already two flights below me when I reach the stairwell, and I do my best to catch up without tripping and falling to my death, screaming like a madman the entire time about how much I'm going to kill him when I catch him. I doubt he understands how real my threats are because all he does is laugh and sing "Shouyou and Tobio sitting in a tree" between breaths, the rhythm uneven and bouncy as he hops down each stair.

I'm dripping sweat when I reach the bottom and he's already out the door. "Shit," I wheeze, bursting outside and realizing that I've already lost. Oikawa has a goddamn car and I had lost before this begun.

He rolls down the window as he starts the engine, sliding sunglasses on over his smug face and ignoring the sweat that beads down from his hairline. "Toodles, Tobio," he singsongs, waving before pulling away from the curb.

All I can do is stand doubled over on the curb and pant for breath, watching as he drives away, and seething. "I'm gonna fucking kill him I swear to god he's fucking dead," I say to myself, loud enough to catch the attention of adults and children passing me on the sidewalk. He turns the corner and I run back into the building, lungs burning and screaming against my ribs as I take the steps three at a time. This is more exercise than I've done since having to run a mile every two weeks in high school.

Without thinking I head back into Hinata's apartment and push the bathroom door open. He looks up with wide eyes as he finishes tying a towel around his waist, startled at the sudden intrusion and probably worried about why I look like a big red heaving sweaty mess.

"Kage-,"

"We have to leave," I interrupt. We don't have time for this. We don't even have time for me to pay attention to the fact that he's only wearing a towel (another thing I'm going to think about while punching Oikawa in his stupid goddamn face).

"Hey, breathe for a second. What are you talking about?" He asks, taking his hands off of his towel which luckily (unluckily?) holds its place on his narrow hips.

I take one deep breath, my lungs singing at the entrance of oxygen, before launching into my story. "I ran into Oikawa in the hallway and he's on his way to Suga's and I tried to catch him but he has a car and he's gonna tell Suga and then Suga's gonna come here and nag me and I'm gonna fucking kill Oikawa but right now we have to get out of here. Let's go to Osaka and start a new life where no one knows us and-,"