Giant Bunnies And Tiny Sisters

Can you hear me calling
Out your name?
You know that I'm falling
And I don't know what to say
I'll speak a little louder
I'll even shout
You know that I'm proud
And I can't get the words out
Oh I...
I want to be with you everywhere
Oh I...
I want to be with you everywhere
(Wanna be with you everywhere)

-Fleetwood Mac

Chapter Text

The line between the world of sleep and waking is a thin one, semi permeable in the way that you can see through it if you venture close enough. Though it's fleeting, casting an unstable glimmer across the expanse of my dreams the moment I notice the way it lurks at the corners of every scene, and all too soon the line consumes me and I'm hyper aware of the pillow below my head and harsh light across my eyelids. It makes my nose itch. Or maybe that's caused by another unrelated factor.

When I pull my eyes open I'm met with wide brown ones inches away and wild ginger hair tickling my nose as Hinata leans over me with a big stupid grin painted across his face. "Holy shit-," I gasp, sitting up instinctually as Hinata throws himself to the side, giggling like a maniac against the sheets.

I reach behind me to grab a pillow to chuck at him. He sits up, fitting me with a puppy dog stare and a pouting bottom lip but I just scowl, refusing to give in. He can't win me over that easily. Actually he definitely can but I have to make him think he can't.

"I'm sorry," he signs, failing at all attempts of sincerity as that devilish glint I know so well flashes in his eyes.

"Yeah right. Don't fucking do that," I answer, clutching my shirt over my still rapidly beating heart.

His pout is quickly replaced by a smirk, which accompanied by that look in his eyes is downright wicked. In one lightning fast motion he has one leg slung on either side of my lap and my shirt collar in both of his hands, face inches from mine as he whispers, "or what?".

"Or, uh...I-I'll," I stutter, my still foggy brain feeling like a key turning in a flooded engine as he leans in closer and closer. My head is swimming and I feel his eyelashes against my cheek as he blinks, moving so slowly it's almost painful. I settle my hands against his hips and tilt my head slightly as he slips his hands down flat against my shoulders and shoves me back against the sheets.

"What the-," I gasp, head hitting the pillows and eyes blown wide. Did I miss something?

Hinata just cackles, still straddling my waist as he lifts his hands to sign, "You need a shower."

"That was cruel," I mutter, smiling despite myself as he climbs off of me and stands up. I rub my eyes and sit back up, glancing at the window as I yawn, the sun seeming too bright against the brick buildings across from us. "So do you, by the way. What time is it anyway?"

I turn to get his answer but he has his back to me, digging in his dresser for clean clothes. He shakes his head disapprovingly as he turns to find me still in bed. "Ever getting up, sleeping beauty?"

"Yeah, yeah. What time is it?" I repeat myself, throwing the blankets off of my legs and setting my feet on the carpet.

"Around two I think," he answers, shrugging as he makes his way out into the hallway.

"Hey!" I call, jumping up to follow him, catching him right as he grabs the bathroom door handle. "You, uh, going in there by... by yourself?" Real smooth Tobio. That'll charm him.

"Yup," he answers, smirking at the heat that spreads across my face and down my neck. His words are hard to read as he tries to sign with clothes clutched in his hands. "What will Oikawa think if you come home freshly showered?"