Chapter 13

I weaved through an endless sea of bodies, many of whom were groaning, with Crystal and Lily asleep in my arms and Saige trailing behind me with Sam just barely hanging onto consciousness. My body hurt and I felt exhausted but I had a goal to accomplish.

I found my way to Happy who was hooked up to a machine. The machine was no longer running and he was unconscious. I handed Lily to Saige before unhooking the cuffs holding Happy and scooped him into my arms.

I walked back into the room where I had left Natsu, Gajeel and Kade. It looked like everyone in the guild had caught up and Wendy was healing Kade and the others.

"Happy!" Nastu yelled once he saw who it was I was carrying in my arms. Happy stirred a little.

"N-natsu?" he says drowsily. Natsu takes him into his arms and gives him a pat. "Glad to see you are okay. Thanks kid," He says, ruffling my already messed up hair. I only smiled at him, not having enough energy to do anything else.

I went over to the others, Kade had  enough strength to sit up as I did so. I knelt next to him, both Sam and Crystal jumping into his arms. He hugged them both before looking at me.

I couldn't hold it back anymore, I threw my hands around his neck and gave him a gripping a hug. He did the same.

"It's really good to see you Remia."

I let go of him and gave him a large grin, "I told you I would come back," I tell him, giving him a playful grin.

"I guess you did," He smiles back.

I felt someone else ruffle my hair and I grumbled, not liking how people were touching my hair.

"You did good kid," Gajeel said.

The compliment made a fluttery feeling in my stomach, no one had ever said something like that to me before, but I didn't have time to bask in it as it was cut short.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion. I felt the fear grip me again. A hand slipped around my mouth and another around my waist. I watched as the other's eyes grew wide and I could only imagine that they mirrored my own.

Suddenly I was somewhere else, my stomach felt queasy and I felt like throwing up. I was still trapped but now on a ledge above the others. They looked angry, ready to fight. I squirmed against the grip but it was a grip of iron.

"I'd be careful if I were you. One step and I could kill her in an instant." It was Klaus. Everyone stopped moving forward, unwilling to go after him in case of hurting me. He was going to use me as a hostage either enough to allow him to escape or he would take me with him. I couldn't let that happen, he can't leave. He was too dangerous and if he left there would be nothing from stopping him from going somewhere else and starting all this again.

I opened my mouth and bit down hard on his hand, hard enough to draw blood. He wrenched his hand away.

"Kill him!" I screamed, "Whatever it takes!"

He dug his hand into my side, causing me immense pain. A scream tore from my lungs and I felt breathless. I felt his grip tightening on me again but before he could I twisted myself and push him as hard as I could, pushing him back a few feet. I mustered all the strength I had and concentrated really hard. I popped up behind Klaus and gave him a hard kick to his back that sent him flying over the cliff. 

I concentrated again and appeared above him in the air, locking my hands together and swinging them down to hit his chest. The force sent him hurtling to the ground. 

I appeared again above him in the crater he had created but before I could land another blow I got a blast to the face that sent me to the opposite wall. 

I could feel my strength fleeing, I didn't have much of it to begin with. I'm so behind, I haven't trained, I haven't mastered. Instead I'm this pathetic weakling that can't hold her own. 

I struggled to my feet only to waiver and fall again. I didn't have the strength to fight but I pushed myself back up anyway. Now that I wasn't in immediate danger the others began attacking Klaus, giving him damaging blows. 

He put his fingers by his side and snapped a couple times; he was resorting to an ultimate lethal technique. 

"NO! WATCH OUT!" I screamed, and before I knew it I was in front of Klaus. I shoved whoever was near away with a strong wind and let my body take over. "Multi-dragon. . . WING ATTACK!!" 

There was a series of booms and crashes. I stopped and waited for the cloud of dust to settle but once it did, Klaus was no where to be found. I slumped a little and I felt my knees wobble but I kept myself standing. I don't know if Klaus got away or not but I was more focused on trying not to pass out. 

Suddenly I doubled over and vomit came spilling out of my mouth. I choked it out, the acid burning my throat. 

"Mia!" I heard Gajeel yell. I wheezed, trying to tell him I was okay, but I wasn't really sure that I was. I felt incredibly dizzy and it was hard to focus on things. 

"It's okay," It was Lucy as I felt her hand on my back. "She's not used to expelling a lot of magic and it's been trapped for so long. Releasing so much at once really took a toll on her body." 

I wobbled to my feet, wiping my mouth and patting myself off, "I'm fine," I gave them a small close eyed smile, "I'm just glad I'm getting closer to a happy ending. Let's go home." 

The rest of them smiled at me and I hobbled over to Paige who was protecting Kade and the exceeds. 

"C'mon Kade. You're gonna like where we are going."

With the help of the others, we got Kade standing. He was wobbly and didn't have enough stability so Gray offered some support. 

I traveled behind the others towards the exit, talking a little with Paige. 

I felt nauseous and dizzy and very very weak. My body ached and hurt and everyone's voices started to sound like garble and fade. I heard distant laughter and put a hand up on the wall. I leaned against it for support and tried to clear my head, but instead, everything turned dark and I felt myself hit the floor.