Chapter 11

We were standing outside of Servince, watching intently as guards shifted around and changed position.

After I had showed them where it was on a map and drawing rough sketch of the facility, I explained to all of them what my plan was.  3 groups would create a distraction at the north, south, and east entrances, drawing the guards attention there. They would make their way through those guards and start fighting their way in. The fourth group, which is my group, were going to climb through the building's main venting system in the west entrance so we had a better chance of going farther without running into trouble.

My group consisted of  Gray and Juvia, because I would need their water and ice powers to break some metal things; Wendy, whom and I asked to stay behind because of the current situation but she insisted that if they were going to be as injured as I said they'd be she could heal them. At least I got Carla to stay behind with Daphne. The other three I didn't pick specifically, but Levy and Lucy came because you know it's Gajeel and Natsu plus they were both smart so I could count on them to get past key pads. Erza came in my group because she has the extra man power we need.

My group and I sat behind a large bush near our entrance point. We waited for the commotion to start and soon enough there began loud crashes and bang. I peeked over the hedge and checked to make sure that the west entrance was clear, but it wouldn't be that way for long. Someone would catch on that what was happening up front was a diversion and make sure all entrances were covered so we had to move fast. 

"Let's go." I say firmly and all those around me nodded. We jumped over the bush and I led them to the venting system; the one I had escaped from not long ago. I gave the bars a slight tug but they didn't budge. 

'Just what I thought, they would have upgraded their security system' I thought. 

"Juvia, I need you to slip some water in between the cracks and then Gray I need you to freeze it." I instruct. Both step forward and get to work. As expansion starts to occur between the metal and the wall, it makes a low hissing sound as the bolts start to pop out. It was soon that the entire grate popped off and I pulled it off, setting it aside. 

"Impressive." Gray says and It was now that I realized he didn't have a shirt on. I stared at him weirdly as I told him thanks. Lucy turned my head the other way. 

"Ignore him, it's a bad habit really." She says. 

"I heard that!" Gray protested. 

"Well I wasn't exactly whispering!" Lucy retorted and I rolled my eyes. 

"Guys I really need you to focus." I deadpanned. 

"Right sorry." They apologized. I crawled inside the vent and motioned for them to follow. I crawled on my hands and knees, being a little uncomfortable and claustrophobic, but you really get used to it when you undergo the many years of being trapped in a small wooden box at weeks at a time. 

As we trudged along I noticed that the line behind me was being exceptionally loud. 

"Could you be any louder?" I asked. 

"Sorry!" They all whisper yelled and I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help the small smile that graced my lips. Then I remembered why I was in this vent in the first place and I grew serious again. We needed to focus if we wanted this to work. 

I had a mental map in my mind, call it a good memory from having to memorize this place inside and out for escape routes and every time I was transferred. I took rights and lefts and led them them to shoots that would take us down. By this point alarms were blaring and that big, annoying, flashing red light that turned everything red, making it a little harder to concentrate but oh well. As I was passing the grate I noticed a large group of guards running underneath it. I suddenly stopped as a precaution, causing the person behind me to run into my butt.