Chapter 7

A few days pass after I've been "Fixed" And I've been getting the hang of things. . . more or less. 

I still haven't talked that much but I'm coming around and I'm learning about all the things I was restricted from when I was a prisoner. I've been skulking around the guild, listening to stories, learning who people are and their magic abilities and how jobs work. 

Natsu's team has taken a job, minus Wendy who just took a small job with Carla and Romeo. They got back from their job about an hour ago and Wendy is waiting around for her team to get back. 

Gajeel on the other hand has been practically glued to my hip since I got the operation and never takes his eyes of me, like he's scared I'm going to leave. Levy has come in to save me sometimes, shooing him away and then taking me shopping and showing me a little more of magnolia but we can always feel Gajeel's lingering eyes following us. 

Currently, I was sitting at a table with a hot chocolate in my hand and Gajeel sitting in front me. Levy was sitting at the bar having a conversation with Mira Jane while Jet and Droy fawned over her from a distance. An interesting pair those too, even more interesting when you live with them. 

Gajeel and I were having a intense stare down as we had a silent argument. 

"Take a job." I finally say, not breaking eye contact. 

"No"

"Yes"

"NO"

"Why? You've been glued to my hip since I got here. I appreciate that, I do, I missed you so much, but don't let me stop you from living your life. You had a rue-teen  going on and I can tell its driving you nuts not doing something." He was about to say something to argue but I cut him off, "Besides it's not fair to your team, it's obvious they could've taken a job by now but they are loyal to you and obviously want to go on a job with you."

He glanced behind his shoulder at his team mates; less at the babbling idiots and more and the short blue haired girl sitting at the bar. 

"I don't want to leave you. I just want to make sure your safe."

"And I am, despite what I've been through and how I look I know how to take care of myself, you should know that better than anyone. We were both taught by dragons and my magic isn't restricted anymore." I tell him but I feel the weight of my words sag on my shoulders. It's true my magic is now unrestricted but how well I can handle myself, I'm not really sure. I've barely been in the outside world, only in Zin's cave and a prison for the majority of it. I have useful fighting skills but no real challengers except the prison guards and I don't know how much that helps me. I don't even know how willing I would be to even put up a fight, I'd probably run until the chased me down, but for Gajeel's sake I'm ok. I honestly don't think he, or I, have anything to worry about. 

"I do know that. So come on a job with us, I could show you the ropes of things."

I look reluctantly at the bulletin with a handful of job flyers pinned to it. "I don't think so Gajeel, I just don't feel ready for that yet, I don't know where my magic abilities lay and I would like to practice them before I try anything to drastic." 

"Okay then let's go practice." 

"You're missing the point Gajey." I say, using the nick-name I know he hates and I watch him scowl. "Take your team on a job and I will be here when you get back." 

He opened his mouth to protest but then Daphne, Lily, Carla, Wendy, and Romeo came by. 

"Hey Mia! Wendy and Romeo tell me that there is a carnival in town and they invited us to go with them."