Chapter 9

~Remia~

I silently climbed out of the bed, being careful not to wake Gajeel, Lily or Daphne. I padded downstairs, pausing every time a floor board creaked or I heard a sound. I found a backpack and put some clothes inside, then I took some food from the kitchen. I hated stealing from my big brother and his team, but this was going to help them in the long run. 

"going somewhere?"

I jumped at the voice and the turned around sighing. "You know why I can't stay." I tell Daphne. 

She nods, "But you were going to leave me behind." She says upset. 

"I just want you to be happy, and safe. I don't want to drag you in further, you deserve something better."

"and so do you! don't you think being with your brother is the best place to be? And that whole guild, what are they going to do if you leave?" 

"They don't know how much trouble I am. They will realize I'm not worth it. It's best for everyone, I don't want anyone else getting hurt because of me." 

"Is there anything I can say to convince you to stay?" she asks after a pause and I shake my head. she sighed, "Well you sure as hell aren't going alone." 

I sighed in relief, "To be honest I didn't really want to." 

She smiled, "I'm never leaving your side." 

"Thank you." 

We started quietly moving around the house again, taking only the things we needed. I left Gajeel and Levy a quick note before Daphne and I quietly slipped out of the house. We ran out of town and into the forest, disappearing into the night. 

~Gajeel~

The sun was shining brightly in my face which was the best way to piss me off in the morning. "Damn sun." I muttered as I turned my head the other way, pinching my eyes shut. I threw out a hand to bring Mia closer- the kid was like a teddy bear- but frowned when the other side of the bed was empty. I opened my eyes slightly and confirmed she was really gone. 

How does she get up so early? 

I sat up and blinked the tiredness from my eyes. I stretched and yawned the started to get out of bed, figuring Mia was probably hungry and I would prefer for her to not burn the house down. 

I went down stairs slowly and entered the kitchen. Finding that Mia was not there I walked into the living room only to find Levy sitting on the couch with a note in her hands. 

"Gajeel," She whispered looking up at me with tears in her eyes. 

"what is it Shrimp?" I ask, walking over to her. She hands me the paper she was reading and my eyes widen with shock. It was a note from Mia, it read:

Dear Gajeel and Levy, 

I'm sorry I left like this and I know that it isn't fair for me to leave like this, but I need you to understand that I had to. If I had done any other way you would have stopped me and done something crazy, like convince me to stay. I had to leave and I'm sorry, those men mean trouble and I can't wait for the people I love to get hurt because of me, I just can't stand it anymore. They would tare this city apart just because they could. Please don't hate me, even though I understand why you would. I love you big bro, and Levy, even though I've only known you for a short time you are like a mother I've never had and I love you a lot. Tell Lucy I love her and thank you for being my sister. Don't forget to tell Wendy, Romeo, Lily, Carla, Natsu, Happy, Gray, Juvia, Erza, Master and everyone else that I'm sorry. I love you all and I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality and I've come to have a better understanding of what family is. Please try to see that I'm doing this to protect you all, trust me on this one. 

I love you all so much, I'm so sorry Gajeel. I'll miss you all but I'll fix this somehow and then I'll come back. I promise. This won't be the last of me, just a glimpse for awhile. Please don't come after me, it won't do any good. 

Sending you lots of love, 

Mia and Daphne 

I gritted my teeth, crumpled the paper and threw it behind me. "Protect us my ass." I gritted out. I started walked up the stairs but felt a small hand on my arm. 

"Where are you going?" The little blue haired girl asked softly. 

"I'm getting dressed and then going to find her." I say, starting up the stairs again but she pulls me back. She opens her mouth to say something but I stop her before she can try. "Levy." I say, using her name so she knows I'm serious. "Mia and Daphne are scared. They don't know it's safe to be here and I need to show them. I'm not losing my sister again, I've spent too long thinking she was dead. It's my duty as her brother to teach her how life is supposed to be, divert from the only she knows. I need to go after her." 

"I wasn't stopping you." She says firmly and I raise my eyebrows at her. "I was just going to tell you that I'm in, but I also want us to make a plan. We don't know how long ago she left, by the looks of it she left pretty early. I say we go to the guild first and gather all the people we can. It will expand our search area." She rationalizes. 

"Why you gotta be so smart?" I ask. 

She smirks, "Cuz you'd be screwed if I weren't." 

I smirked back at her and ruffled her hair then we split and got dressed lightning fast. By the time I  came back down Levy had already woken up Jet and Droy. In no time we were at the guild and I let Levy explain what was going on while I waited impatiently by the door. 

I looked around at the faces that stared intently at Levy as she explained what was going on and read the note. There were so ready for action. I couldn't help but smile to myself at the effect that Remia had already had on my guild mates. But then again, knowing FairyTail, you don't mess with their guild members. 

Lucy seemed to take it the hardest, Wendy and Romeo being the next step in the ladder. Everyone was determined and despite how annoying they are, I was grateful. 

Knowing that by now she would be out of town, we all headed to the edge; some taking the forest, others the mountains, and the rest the hills and streets leading to the next towns over. 

We took it slow, checking for any sign that she had gone through here, trying to find a trail of some sort. Levy pointed out that she may have flown out with Daphne but we were hoping that that was not the case. After a while and lots of ground being covered my nose caught a whiff of something that was familiar. 

I sniffed the air and noted that it smelled a little like Mia mixed with something else. 

"Keep looking, I'm going to check over here." I say gruffly to my group which consisted of Levy, Gray and Juvia who fanned out in a wide arc. They all shouted okay and I followed the scent my nose was catching.  

"You smell something Gajeel?" Lily asked, flying behind me. 

"Yeah." I responded.

 I followed it for a bit before I came to a clearing where the scent was really strong. Not long after, a certain pink-headed pyro and his blue cat came crashing through the bushes. 

"You smell it too?" He asks and I roll my eyes before giving him the 'duh' look. Suddenly the smell burst in my noise and was too overwhelming. Natsu and I yelled in surprise and held our noses. The smell was overwhelming and it soon became hard to see. My vision grew blurry and I swayed, having trouble breathing as well. 

I watched Natsu and Happy drop to the ground before I felt the solid ground myself, blackness enveloping me. 

~~~~~~~~~