I laugh very faintly, trying to hide the fact that I hate when she says shit like that. It makes me feel worse about myself. I'm not irresponsible, but she thinks I am and that's another reason why she won't ever be mine.

"Did I hurt your feelings? You got quiet." She asked softly.

I shrugged, "No."

"It was just a joke." She said.

No it wasn't, "Maliah I'm not some sensitive little bitch who can't take a joke."

"Whatever you say."

"So are we walking to school or not?" I asked impatiently.

She rolls her beautiful eyes and turns away from me. She begins to walk without me. I nod my head and follow after her.

**

It's just about to be eight and people are already being loud. How does anyone have the energy to be like this early in the morning? On top of that, it's musty in this crowded hallway.

Maliah grabs my arm so we can squeeze past everyone and get to our lockers. The floor is already a mess. I'm constantly pushing people out of the way. Every day this place is basically the start of an apocalypse.

Eventually we get to the lockers. Maliah is quick to open hers and throw some stuff from her bag in there and takes off her jacket. I open mine to just about nothing, but a few textbooks that I haven't opened yet. I toss my house keys inside and lock it up again.

"Why do you even have a locker?" Maliah asked.

"Because everyone has one?" I replied leaning against it. "Sorry I don't toss my limbs in there."

She shoved my arm, "I don't toss everything in here."

I laughed, she really does, "Yeah it's not like you put your entire bag in there. Which is also part of your room."

"I have essentials." She said.

I shrugged, "And I don't. I guess that's the difference between you and I."

She scoffed, "Oh trust me there's more than one difference."

The first warning bell rings. It makes me cringe and close my eyes. Another obnoxious loud sound that ruins my day.

"Time to head to Biology." She said adjusting her light grey cardigan.

I glimpsed at her chest, her perfect C cup chest, "Ugh."

She grabs my arm and starts dragging me along with her. I usually skip a few classes per day. Maliah and I have three classes together. Our first two periods and last period. Those are the classes I can't skip for shit.

"Are your parents still gone?" I asked.

"Yeah," She sighed. "They probably won't be back until tomorrow night."

"Wish mine would just get up and go. Need the house to myself for once."

Maliah's parents are business people who are always going on important trips. They always leave Maliah without much of an issue. Then again they don't have an actual choice. Maliah is alone much of the time and that's where I come in. My Mom let's me stay over her house often to keep her company and because it's responsible smart Maliah.