XXVII: The Clashing of Two Rivals: Part Three

Do you guys still love me after all this wait? lol

Sorry for the delay, my life has been hectic with school and work.

But here you guys go and DON'T HATE ME!

*Unedited

_______________________________________

Stubborn Hearts:

XXVII:   The Clashing of Two Rivals: Part Three

AMANDA

Danni.

I stared at the girl with her turquoise hair braided and pulled to the side in indebtedness. I had thought that this would be my last day alive, embracing Helena from behind and whispering to her how grateful I was to have saved her that night in the alley. I accepted the fate that I was given when Rhea aimed the gun at us. I accepted it with my whole heart knowing I was not going down alone. That I had my own savior…

But now as I stared at Danni who grinned triumphantly in thwacking Rhea on the back of her head with her baseball bat, I released the breath that I was holding. The relief in knowing I wasn’t going to die was uplifting. I was saved from the torment I spent in this room chained to the wall, afraid of the presence of the girl laying on the floor unconscious. Just that revelation to be freed of Rhea’s watchful eyes made me want to bawl in front of these two girls. 

I unwrapped my arms from Helena’s waist and leaned back, the same time Helena got to her feet and rolled her shoulders. In that moment as Helena stayed silent as she rolled her shoulders and clenched her hands before unclenching them, I was transfixed. Her silence was made her appearance intimidating. Her tense posture was like a ticking time bomb. My eyes caught the sight of blood on her knuckles and just the sight of it brought back the images of her beating Rhea; the fear of having to witness it. And the thought of Rhea brought back the memory of her branding my body with her initials.

I winced, bringing my hand to my hip where I could feel the bumps underneath my dress. 

“I could at least be thanked for helping you,” Danni’s voice broke the silence but not the tension that was radiating off of Helena.

“I would not thank a fool for coming here with a bat as their weapon as others have guns,” Helena hissed out, clutching her stomach.

Danni frowned, “If it weren’t for me, you would have been dead. Rhea wouldn’t have hesitated in killing you, Helena. Stop being stubborn and accept the fact that I saved your ass and that you’re breathing rather than laying on the floor in a pool of your own blood.”

Helena clenched her hands.

I didn’t want to see anymore violence if it ever came to that with Helena and Danni. I wanted to leave this place. I needed to leave this place and away from the memories. Ever so slowly, I stood up. The pain on my hip was overbearing from the movements I made bringing tears to my eyes. I didn’t know whether it was infected or not. All I cared at this moment was to make these two girls who throwing daggers at each other realize their little feud wasn’t important right now. Whatever they were arguing about, they had to wait. I wanted to leave and they should see my discomfort in being in the same room with the person who pressed a hot iron against my skin. As I straightened myself, pain shot through me and the dull pain of my dress rubbing against the sore skin of my hip made me hiss through my clenched teeth.