XVIII: When Favors Become Risk-Takers

I want to dedicate this chapter to Jessie_Baby for the gorgeous cover. Thanks again! :D

Enjoy!. <3

__________________________________________________

Stubborn Hearts:

XVIII.     When Favors Become Risk-Takers

AMANDA

Could this get anymore bizarre?

I closed the door behind me as I was welcomed by the familiar walls of my dorm. Unlike Helena and Danni’s dorm who’s walls were covered with band posters and photos of their friends and family, my side of the room was bleak except for the one photograph taped to the wall and it was of my parents and I. It was when all three of us went to California to visit my dad’s sister, Aunt Francis. It was a nice, sunny day that time and Aunt Francis caught the moment when both my parents embraced me in a bear hug, all three of us grinning like fools. I smiled as I remembered that day.

I was only fifteen when we visited my aunt. I had no care in the world during that time. I wasn’t being sent to an academy that would bring drama heavily upon my shoulders. I wasn’t being tracked and watched by a ruthless gang who wanted my head and I hadn’t come across Helena in that alley. I was…unflustered. I was living a normal life with my old friends and spent most of my time with my parents whether it be having family game night on Fridays or simply spending the day together out shopping or eating in a restaurant.

I wasn’t concerned over what will tomorrow would bring nor had the weird feeling of someone watching me. I was in a peaceful time. But now as I leaned against the closed door, that tranquility would never embrace me anymore until this problem with the Black Vendetta is dealt with. Sighing heavily, I peeled myself off the door and headed to my bed, collapsing on it and relishing in the feel of the soft comforter my mother bought for me for the bed. I smiled at the memory of my mother as that homesick feeling suddenly overcame me.

How I missed home especially Mom’s food and Dad trying to make Mom dance even if she scolded him to leave her alone while she cooked. I peeked at the photo of the three of us and couldn’t help my smile grow wider at my parents’ quirkiness. My mother was beautiful with her blond curls falling gracefully down her back, framing her heart shaped face. Her blue gray eyes held so much joy and love in them yet they brightened even more from her light skin tone. 

Many would be surprised that my mother had a nice figure even if she was thirty-eight years old. My mother used to be a track star back in her day and she had been fit throughout her years. The only time she had weight on her was when she was pregnant with me. My mother hadn’t changed throughout the years as I recalled my father telling me. She was still a teenager at heart especially when she’s with him. They always cuddled with each other on the couch as they watched TV together or held each other’s hands as they walked down the street.

It made me feel happy each time I stepped into the house, knowing full well that my dad would never hurt my mother and would protect his two girls in his life. My father’s a great man especially to me. Apart having a loving side for my mom and I, he also had a stern side especially when he corrected his students from making any trouble in his class. My dad was a Math teacher for a high school in the town near us.

He was our little math geek with his black rimmed glasses perched on the bridge of his nose, his strange outfits he wears to work that consists of cargo shirts and different Hawaiian shirts. I never understood the aspect of wearing those type of clothes when in his and mom’s closet, he had suits and casual clothing that Mom had picked out for each time they went shopping.