XVII. The Unforgotten Fallen and the Deceiving

Here you guys go and hope you guys enjoyed.

The heated moments are coming up so bare with me. This book needs its drama to get to those love scenes ;DD

*UNEDITED

____________________________________________

Stubborn Hearts:

XVII.     The Unforgotten Fallen and the Deceiving 

AMANDA

“I need to show you something.”

Helena merely glanced at me for a moment before reverting her attention back to the pitcher who I recalled was named Brianna. I had looked everywhere for Helena, asking many girls where they had seen this violet eyed girl but most of the girls curled their lips in disgust as they rudely brushed me off. Those girls were once Helena’s toys to actually think I was desperate enough to crawl onto Helena’s lap like them. Yes, Helena was beautiful and with her rebellious appearance with tattoos inking her skin and the mysteries yet to be unraveled in those violet eyes, she was attractive and it somewhat lured me into her hypnotic spell along with the other girls. 

But her temper along with her moods weren’t something I would like to deal with. Heck, I rather have Danni’s company than hers. If this was a different situation where I didn’t have a gang after me and didn’t have a particular girl who hated protecting me from the looks of it then I might’ve swoon over Helena like the rest of the school. But I didn’t. As much as it was hard to resist the way her violet eyes made my stomach flutter or having her near me made my heart pound frenziedly, I would not swoon for this girl. 

“What do you want to show me?” Helena asked, gripping the bat tightly as her eyes zeroed on Brianna as she pitched.

I watched as Helena swung as soon as the ball came to the position she wanted. The sound echoed in the silent field as it was just us three. I didn’t understand why Helena didn’t like to practiced with the rest of the team. I had seen Danni during softball practice training with the rest of the girls yet there was no sight of Helena. Not only that, it was Wednesday. Usually, Wednesdays weren’t softball practice for the girls. 

Brianna gazed after the ball as it hit on the left side of the field before giving Helena a thumbs up. She grabbed another ball from the basket beside her, positioning herself to pitch.

“I think Danni told you since she informs you on everything,” I couldn’t help the bitterness coming out of my mouth but it was pure honesty on the way I disliked the way everyone treated Helena as the president or something.

Helena straightened herself and faced me, those violet eyes narrowing into deadly slits. Thank goodness there was a fence between us, I was afraid if there was nothing shielding me she would have thrown the bat at me.

“I’m glad you aren’t a Phantom or else I would have showed you what it’s like disrespecting me,” Helena warned, her honey-like voice was low and I couldn’t help but shiver. “And as for Danni informing me about everything, she didn’t speak with me the day the whole shooting frenzy happened. So, enlighten me, princess, on what you want to show me.”

Why wouldn’t Danni tell her?

It confused me that she didn’t tell her. Danni had told me she always ran things by Helena, why was this different? I chewed on one of my snakebites, clutching my bag closer to my body. I had printed the photos the other day in the library, not wanting to be in the Yearbook room where Rhea could be breathing down my neck, watching with those attentive eyes of hers. Just thinking about her brought a sense of dread through my body. The first time I saw her after the school shooting, I realized she didn’t look shaken up like the rest of the girls who were at the scene.