"I'll get to Dermott after I finish with you three." Lucien paused, glancing downwards at the grass. He was evaluating scenarios that played out in his mind, scenarios which would help achieve what he had planning ever since the girl was born. His fingers shook as he analysed these scenarios.

"If Melvin's pet was able to vanish himself within the building, it means that it isn't protected by his network. It means we can access the building and carry out what we had intended to do. If it was protected, he would have had to remove himself outside to pull a vanishing act. The chances of it being protected would be slim however, as the girl technically isn't one of them," he spoke to himself. The other man looked onwards, afraid to interject. "That is. Not yet. The moment she agrees to change, each building she will be in will be protected making it harder to accomplish anything."

Ratch gazed onwards at Lucien, catching on to what his superior was eluding to.

"You're saying," he began. "That we do the snatch tonight as planned?"

"Correct. We do it tonight."

The other two men nodded their heads in agreement. Snatching the girl was inevitable, every Necromancer knew that. She possessed greater power than any of the Tempusmancers' ever had. If they were to make any progress in adopting these powers, the Necromancers had to get a hold of this girl and use her for life-changing – ground breaking – research. Once this was successful, the Necromancers would be able to gain different abilities that many of them only dreamed about. They could overcome their counterparts.

When he was just a student, Lucien's mentor had explained to him that a fabled prophecy had described that such a powerful being was only born once every century. All the details that had been given were accurate to what Lucien had observed about this girl; this girl that Grey was trying to transition to a Tempusmancer.

Lucien cleared his throat. "I need to confer with Dermott and his brethren. I will come back for you when it's time." He cast a quick glance up at Ellen's window and silently trekked along the fence-line that marked her property's boundary. With expert stealth agility, he jumped over the gate that divided the front yard and the back and crouched down, listening for movement and heartbeats. Finding what he was searching for, he cut his way through two tall bushes into a small gap between the bush line and fence. Another three men stood there, expectantly.

"Good evening, Lord Lucien," they acknowledged.

"Hello. Ratchs' team told me that Grey didn't enter or exit through the rear. Is that correct?"

A squat man with shaggy, shoulder length brown hair stepped forward. He was dressed in dark colours, to match in with his surroundings without a doubt. "That is correct."

"Did anyone come outside?" enquired Lucien. His voice was urgent. He had to know finer details if he was to make the move tonight, and time was something they didn't have much of. It was highly risky, especially if that Tempusmancer Grey had a hand in things. A tall, swallow man from behind Dermott stepped forward, him too dressed top to toe in darkness. He propped himself up against the back fence. He had a thick accent. A European.

"A nanny took their rubbish out. She looked like she was about to get a visit from death shortly. She was old and could barely move; not a threat."

Lucien snapped his face up at the unexpected news. "A nanny did you say?"

"Yup. As old as they come. Surprised she didn't have a walking stick. She must've gone home for the evening because we didn't see her go back in."

Rage erupted in Lucien. "Are you stupid?" he hissed, his face contorted in sheer anger. Hostility took over his body; his voice, his mind. The three men backed up towards the fence, away from their enraged superior.