Part 5

Zanne insisted on taking me shopping once she found out about the reason I had for being in her clothes. Her shoes I took I didn't have an excuse for, except that they matched the dress, and according to Zanne that was a perfectly good excuse

We got home with 8 bags of summer clothes and 2 full of shoes. I felt exhausted but still filled with more energy than in the whole week that passed put together. I felt guilty at first with Zanne buying me all these clothes when I had perfectly good clothes at home.

“Don't even start. Tomorrow you might be leaving forever and I want you to at least have something to remember me by.” was the only thing she said before she went on to find me more clothes to try on.

|When we got home we just threw everything into the room and went down to dinner.

“So you had fun today girls?”Aunt Mary asked coming in with a huge pan full of lasagne before taking her seat.

“Oh yeah of course they did. Spending all my money, and that's not even the worst, they're spending it to make themselves even prettier for those things they call boys. They just better not come around here if they know what's good for them.” Uncle Roland said in a joking manner.

“Yeah we'll fight them, right dad?” Mike asked already getting excited at the prospect

“That's right son.” Uncle Roland replied very pleased

“And I'll hit him with my karate chop!” Max cut in and trying to demonstrate, he karate chops his brother right on the arm.

“And I'll use my famous ninja kick” Mike replied with a hard kick under the table towards Max and before long they were wrestling at the dinner table.

“Oh my gosh. This is ridiculous. I can't even eat in peace!” Rene' said dramatically throwing her hands in the air

“You call that eating?” Zanne asked Rene' looking at her plate with green salad and a little meat. All the pasta as well as any potato and cheese was moved to the side. This caused the boys to start laughing making Rene's face go red from anger.

“I'm going up to my room to eat in peace.” she said with a glare in Zanne's direction

“Just remember that I'll be watching the phones so I'll know if you were on it. You still have 3 weeks of grounding ahead of you.” Aunt Mary said to Rene' knowing that it was the only reason she suddenly wanted to go upstairs.

“You guys ruin my life!” she said before storming up the stairs to her room.

“I'm really going to miss dinner with this family.” I said with a small smile after the boys continued with their wrestling

That night after dinner when me and Zanne went to bed I found the letters under my pillow where I quickly hid them before going to lunch. It was hard to believe that something so magical exists, especially after having a normal dinner like that one. Just then Zanne came in from the bathroom.

“Oh yeah the riddle! I completely forgot about that. So what is that anyway?” she asks still drying her wet hair from the shower she took.

“I think you need to sit down if you want to hear the story Zanne” I said hesitantly

First I told her the story my mom used to tell me. She listened patiently like I knew she would. She was a hopeless romantic and if you throw in a prince and an evil witch to boot you would have her hook, line and sinker.

Then I gave her my mom's letter and the curse she saw earlier.

I spilled out everything I knew. I watched her face change from amused to unbelieving to shocked. But in all those emotions I never once expected her reply.