Part 12

The next morning I awoke with a start when I heard a scream. Zanne's scream.

My head quickly turned in her direction, hurting my neck, expecting the wolf to be there, instead of a wolf however was a man. A hot, naked man. I could understand that Zanne would be startled by seeing a naked man first thing in the morning but was it necessary to scream like that?

The next thing I knew she jumped on top of me before rolling of on the other side and hiding her face in my side her ears poking me. I knew she wasn't used to naked men, since she stayed as far away from them as possible after Robbie, but this was just ridiculous. Can't she just close her eyes?

"No please. Do not hide your lovely face from my sight. I could spend forever just looking at you. Please my love, do not be afraid. I would never do anything to hurt you." The naked man said looking longingly beside me where Zanne's hair was sticking out. "I love you" he continued getting closer with every word he spoke.

I was getting more and more confused by the minute. I pried Zanne's fingers from my sleeping bag, trying to stand up. When I was finally up I held out my hand to Zanne to help her up. I could see fear in her eyes, it wasn't just embaressment as I thought before. Before I could ask her what happened though the man took a step closer to her, his arms outstretched, making her cower away. I didn't know what happened before I awoke to scare her this badly but I knew it had something to do with him. I wanted him to stop making her afraid. I wanted him to stay where he was. I wanted to see that fear gone from my friends face. He was close enough to almost touch her. I tried to stop him by putting my hands on his chest while Zanne was protected behind my back.

He ignored my hands and pushed forward. His eyes only on Zanne. Suddenly I was pissed. I couldn't sleep most of the night because of that stupid wolf, then I was woken up by my friends terrified scream, my neck hurts and now, to top it all off, this guy was moving closer and closer to my friend ignoring my best efforts to keep him away. I put all my anger into strength wanting to push him away. The next thing I knew he was flying through the air and landed with a big crash on his backside against a tree.

Wow, I thought looking at my hands, I guess I have a power. A smile started on my lips, that is until I checked the bottom of the tree where the naked man was laying a while back, expecting him to at least have some broken bones.

He was getting up!

That was impossible!He was thrown at least 10 meters through the air and landed against a tree without even so much as a scratch on him. I think the tree was even about to break from the force of that hit.

"How...?" I asked not able to get my question out

His eyes were turning yellow, I would have to guess from anger. I would sure as hell be a little pissed if someone threw me against a tree. I gave a big gulp. This is so not good.

"Relax, he's not angry. He's amused." Zanne said coming out from behind me. Oh now she gets courage, I think rolling my eyes.

"And how would you know that?" I ask still moody from being woken from my beauty sleep

"I don't know, I just do. And I also know that he is not going to hurt us." she said slowly walking towards him

"He's not?" I ask baffled. One moment I was sleeping, then Zanne thought she would be my alarm clock today, she hid behind me, I threw a naked guy against a tree and now he is suddenly an angel. Okay I got it.

Zanne shakes her head to tell me no still looking at the guy like he just invented fat free edible chocolate flavoured lipstick. I stand there looking at them confused.

I am not going to stand there all day watching them ogling each other. I turned around.

"Night!" I yell over my shoulder going to my tent "Wake me when you stop staring at each other and want to tell me whats going on."

Before I could enter my tent I stopped. I had a bad feeling. I wasn't afraid of that man any more, he looked like a nice enough of a guy and it looks like zanne suddenly trusts him. But there was something. Something in the silver trees surrounding us.

"Zanne!" I yelled to her finally getting her attention probably from the panic in my voice.

"What's wrong?" she asked immediately forgetting about the guy who's name I still don't know. She starts walking towards me.

I heard a sound from the bushes closest to her, and then I saw it. It was the wolf from the portal.

It lunged at her but before I could react the man was in front of her, shielding her from harm.

They were wresling on the floor when the wolf took him by the shoulder and flung him against the same tree he was flung into earlier. The tree snaps.

"Nooo!" Zanne screams running toward the place where the man lay deathly still now.

At the same time the wolf lunges again, probably to hit the final blow to the naked man lying pinned down by the tree.

He is going to hit Zanne. That was all I thought. I felt energy rush through my veines and I lifted my hands in the same way I did earlier, knowing that I had to protect my sister I closed my eyes and pushed all the energy into one ball and shot it right at the wolf.

I heard a ear piercing howl and then it was quite.

I slowly opened my eyes. The wolf was gone. Did I miss? Did it get away?

"No, you didn't miss. You got it." Zanne answered my thoughts looking big eyed at the spot the wolf was just a few seconds ago.

I walked closer to the spot I threw the energy ball and then i saw the wolf. Or what was left of it anyway. There was dust spread around on top of the burnt grass caused by the energy ball I fired. I just fried the wolf to dust.

"Yes you did indeed." Zanne said looking at me in wonder. "I want that power!" she said. I almost expected her to stomp her foot or start throwing a tantrum

"How did you two manage to get a copier after you? A strong one at that." The guy said throwing the tree off of him like it was nothing.

I stared at him in shock. How the hell did he just do that?

"Oh I'm sorry, it's not that we forgot about you it's just that I've never seen anything like that before." She said rushing towards the guy to see if he was okay

He really needs to get some clothes on. I thought to Zanne , and then I need to know what is going on with the strong immortal naked guy. As in now.

"I don't know. I kind of like him this way" she said wih a wink in my direction.

I just gave Zanne a glare to show her what I think about that idea.

He looked confused, probably not knowing what Zanne was talking about. I guess we know that she can read minds now, since he can't hear what I'm thinking.

I wasn't sure if we should tell him about the fact that we came from another dimension, but I knew that we had to find out who he was or what he was to be more specific.

"Wait," I said just registering what he had said, "what do you mean a copier? That thing was a wolf, well sort of."

"Uhhh yeah he was a werewolf, but he just copied it from someone." He said looking at me like I was a freak for not knowing that. Thanks for the info mom, I thought.

But I did remember something my mom did say. The copiers and a guy named Razzardus live in the underworld. But if that is true why would one be guarding the portal on Leandre? Can this strange guy help me find Prince Ryan? Would I ever be able to get to finish my quest and get my families throne? Only time will tell.