-4- Thomas

((Sorry for no updates, I had a sore throat, then my period decided to show up. So yeah it's kinda hard to write when you are bleeding for a week straight.))
I hear a knock on my door at 1:00pm. I rub my eyes and open it, it was James.
"James?" I looks down at him and eat my toast.
"M-Mr.Fredrick gave me your address," He shows me the paper, "I was told to tutor you today,"
"Oh yeah, I forgot," I open the door and he walks in.
The house wasn't the cleanest, dirty dishes were in the sink and dirty shirts on the floor. James pretended not to mind and looked around.
"We can go to my room," I walk down the hall, James follows. I should probably put on a shirt or put in my contacts, nah.
I hop onto my bed and he sits down softly. James doesn't seem like a very interesting or how do you say it...a stick in the mud. Even though I don't even know him that well, I feel like I could see his emotions, insecurities, and thoughts. His eyes danced as they looked around, I just watched them. His lips look really soft though, I sit up and face him. Slowly, I lean toward him. James looks over to me and his eyes widen.
"So, t-the t-tutoring," James moves farther away, I sigh and grab some of my notes.
"Well, what are we going to do?" I carelessly look through the meaningless notes.
"Which part of science are you having trouble with?" He grabs the papers from me and looks through them. I let him look through them all, except for one. One had a doodle of James reading, he can't see that.
"I guess," I think for a moment, "it's mostly human anatomy and cells," I was telling the truth, I never liked learning about human body and such.
"Ok, lets start with that," James looks through some papers and pulls out some notes for me to look over, but I would rather just look at him. I've always known I was gay. My mom kinda figured it out after I called her new boyfriend a super hottie when I was 7.
"So maybe we can work with what you already know," James looks up from my notes, awkwardly I push up my glasses and nod. God stop acting like a pussy and make a move.
"Well I know what a head is, and hands, feet, etcetera," He looks at me with shocked eyes, I sigh and look away.
"Do you not listen at all during science? We are learning about intestines and where they are on the human body," He shoves a picture of a human body in my face, "here at least try and label it."
I nervously grab a pen and start labeling the basics, like stomach and heart. I hand it to him and he looks over it.
"Ok we're making slight progress, but we can do it," He thinks for a moment, then hands me a textbook.
"Why the hell do I need this shit for?" I try to hand it back to James, but he refused.
"I want you to read pages 140 - 210 by tomorrow," He grabs his things and walks out the door, "I'll see you tomorrow,"
James slams the door, leaving me alone with this stupid textbook.
I throw the book to the side and look at my phone. It's 5:00 I have some time before dark, I hop off my bed. I grab my leather jacket, put on my contacts, and...put on my eyeliner. Don't judge me.
I grab my phone and money then head to Washington heights. By the time my uber drops me off it's about 6:50 or 7:00.
I don't make eye contact with anyone, quickly I walk into the alley.
"Looks who's back," three men lean against a brick wall. One of them is smoking and the other is counting cash, the other staring at me.
"How much this time Sam?" I look up at him unemotionally. He whispers to one of the other guy who hands him a plastic bag.
"Well," Sam examined my face, "how much you got?"
I pull out $30 and he grins then tosses me the bag. I checked it, then cautiously hand him the money.
"Pleasure doing business with you," He hands the money to the man on his right, I sigh and walk out of the alley.
I call a uber and head home. My phone buzzes, its Lafayette.
"Tom!" He sighs, "Thank god you answered,"
"What do you want frenchie?" I unlocked my front door and open my refrigerator. I grab a vodka bottle and slam it shut.
"Please don't tell me you're doing it again," I scoff and open the bottle.
"I have," I take a big gulp, "I have no idea what you're talking about.
"I'm coming over," I choke on my drink and cough.
"There's no reason for that," I tuck the weed in my bedside cabinet, "I don't want you ever coming over here,"
He stays quiet on his line, then mumbling.
"Fine, I won't," He sniffs, "I have better things to do anyway,"
"Laf, I didn't mean it like that," Lafayette has been sensitive, I'm used to it, "I'm sorry,"
"No you're not..." He trails off, "bye,"
The phone beeps, meaning he hung up. I groan and decided to save the rest of the bottle.
Lafayette is my childhood friend, he's always been there for me. I look back at my book and sigh. If I want James to stay my tutor I need to study.
As I read, everything reminds me of James. Fucking hell, this is hopeless. Still, I continue.