Prolgue

The main character is 6 years old, just do you don't get confused.

********************************

"And they all lived happily ever after," my dad said. I smiled at him. He was the best story teller ever.

"Good night Daddy," I told him. I heard a loud noise and a shout down stairs. I looked at him concerned.

"Daddy, what was that?" I asked him. He had that look that said he was concerned. He wasn't going to tell me that, though. He knew the truth would only scare me.

"I'll go check it out. Good night, baby," he said. Then he disappeared. I heard my mom yelling at him. I had to go see what was going on.

"What were you thinking?" My dad shouted at my mom. There was a man lying on the floor. He had blood all around him on the floor. My mom was holding a knife that was covered in blood also.

"I did what I had to do," she said. I was so scared. My mom had always been mean to me and my dad, but she's never done this before.

"I'm calling the police," my dad said.

"You don't have it in you," my mom said. She tightened her grip on her knife.

"No, Hellen! I've put up with you long enough. I'm not letting a murderer live in my house!" Dad shouted. He walked over to the phone and dialed 9-1-1.

"Ben! I swear. If you say anything-" mom said. But Daddy wasn't listening. Mom walked over to him.

After that, I don't know what happened. It was all a blur. All I remember is what I told the lady on the other side of the phone when my mom went into her room.

"Please help me! Mommy hurt Daddy! He's not breathing!" I felt his chest. It wasn't thumping like it usually did.

"Kynlee! What are you doing?" My mom yelled. I didn't even hear her come out of her room. My eyes flashed to the door.

"Don't you dare, young lady!" She shouted. I ran out the door and the last thing I heard was my mom.

"If I ever see you again, you are going to wish you hadn't said anything on that phone!"

*******

That was just the beginning. I hope you like the rest!!!! Please comment on anything you want to happen or anything you were confused about. The rest of the story will explain a lot. Thanks!