Chapter One: Wild Time

One Year Ago...

The night that he gained his powers was as ordinary as any other peaceful night...

It just happened.

Mitch hummed as he tapped a finger on his desk, staring at his computer with furrowed eyebrows and narrowed eyes. His right hand was resting on his computer mouse, dragging and clicking things on the screen in deep concentration.

Most people would usually find the process of editing videos extremely tedious, but Mitch had gotten used to it long ago. It was a piece of cake to him, possibly because he's been doing it for years, but Mitch likes to argue that it is just pure skill and nothing else.

Mitch let out a long and loud yawn, leaning back in his rolling chair and stretching. Mitch then stared blankly at his computer monitor, before sighing and leaning forward, clicking the power button on it, the screen becoming black as it shut off.

Maybe I'll learn to actually record my videos on time... Nah.

Mitch shifted his gaze to the window surprised to see that it was dark outside, a crescent moon hanging in the sky. What?!? Mitch thought to himself as he inwardly groaned, Was I seriously working that long?

"Jerome, you still awake?!?!?" Mitch yelled, waiting from a response from his friend. Hearing no response, Mitch shrugged his shoulders, reaching for his phone. As he unlocked his phone, two things caught his eye.

The first was the time, which read '11:51' (which made Mitch make a 'Tsk!' in frustration). The second was that he had gotten a text from Jerome. Mitch opened his messages, quickly reading over the text.

Jerome A.: Just went out to grab a few things from the store, I didn't want to interrupt your recording. Need anything?

Mitch checked to see when he got the text, which had been about ten minutes ago. Mitch quickly text back.

Mitch H.: Just some waffles or something for breakfast I guess

Mitch almost instantly got a reply back.

Jerome A.: Got it.

Mitch smiled, exiting out of the message app and hovering on his home screen for a moment, biting the bottom of his lip as he felt sleepiness tugging at the back of his head. I'll just check Twitter really quick, he thought to himself, a few minutes less of sleep isn't going to kill me.

Chuckling to himself, Mitch opened Twitter, leaning further back in his seat. Mitch was just about to start scrolling through his page when he heard what sounded like whistling from outside his window. Confused, he tried to ignore it, but couldn't help but listen as the whistling grew louder... and louder... and louder...

There was a sudden sound of crashing from outside, and Mitch felt a tremor that seemed to shake the whole house. Mitch tumbled out of his chair and hit the floor, the tremor passing seemingly as soon as it had came. Mitch, eyes wide and his heart pounding, slowly rose to his feet, stuffing his phone in his pocket.

"W-What the hell?!?!?" Mitch yelled, checking his computer for any damage to it. Seeing that the computer was fine, he made his way over to his window, trying to see what had crashed outside. However, the window was completely covered with droplets of water, making it so that the only thing that Mitch could see outside were two bright lights, one white, and one orange. Mitch stood still for a moment before he reluctantly ran over to his bedroom door and threw it open, quickly making his way toward the backyard.

As soon as Mitch stepped outside, his mouth dropped open as he saw him and Jerome's pool... or at least what was left of it.

The pool was completely charred, the tiles lining it strewn across the backyard as if they had been thrown. The pool was also completely drained of water, the water being splashed all across the yard and onto the side of the house. There was a trail dug into the bottom of the pool as well, as if it had been drilled through. But, surprisingly enough, this wasn't what caught most of Mitch's attention. What caught his attention were the two small boulders that were lying in the bottom of the pool.