Chapter 19

Immediately after locating Hinata's aura, Kageyama rushed to find him.

"Not so fast, Kageyama," he chuckled, placing a hand on Kageyama's shoulder to stop him. "Let me," he said, walking over to his car. He unlocked it and opened the door to the backseat. "Get out."

Kageyama watched in horror as Hinata stepped out of the car. He was covered in bruises and cuts with his hands tied behind his back.

"Hinata!" Kageyama exclaimed, immediately rushing over to him.

"Woah!" his manager laughed, stopping Kageyama before he could reach Hinata. "Isn't it awful seeing him in pain like that? Doesn't it break your heart?" he laughed, watching Kageyama's face with an evil glint in his eyes.

Kageyama looked at Hinata, his heart shattering into pieces when he noticed the scar along Hinata's right eye.

His manager watched Kageyama's face in amusement as he raised his pistol to Hinata's head.

"Kageyama..." Hinata muttered. "I'm sorry."

With that, Kageyama lunged. He pulled his favorite handgun out and aimed, shooting his manager in the arm before the gun was knocked out of his hand.

"You're going to have to try harder than that, Kageyama," the larger man chuckled, pulling his gun out and lunging. Kageyama swiftly dodged, grabbing the man's arm and pulling him down. Kageyama roundhouse kicked the man in his stomach and followed it up with an uppercut.

His manager stumbled back, but regained his footing and raised his gun. He pointed the gun and quickly shot a bullet into Hinata's thigh. Hinata screamed in pain and fell to his knees.

Kageyama stepped to the side and picked up his handgun and shot the larger male in the head. His manager collapsed on the ground with a thud.

Kageyama rushed over to Hinata as fast as he could.

"Hinata!"

"I'm sorry... Kageyama," he said, having to pause to take a deep breath before he could continue. "I didn't keep my promise either."

...

"Will he be okay?" Kageyama asked, waiting for an answer from the doctor.

She paused for a minute. "The bullet did manage to hit the femoral artery and he lost a significant amount of blood... Luckily, he made it to the hospital quickly," she replied slowly.

Kageyama's heart began to beat faster, if that was even possible. "Is there a good chance he'll live? Just tell me."

"There's a small chance..."

Kageyama stared at his feet, trying his best not to cry. "C-can I see him...?"

"I suppose," she said. "Just be quiet. He needs his rest."

Kageyama nodded as she told him Hinata's room number. Kageyama thanked her and immediately took off towards the room. When he finally reached the room, he took a deep breath and opened the door. The door creaked open, causing Hinata to wake up.

"Kageyama...?"

Kageyama took a chair and dragged it over to sit by Hinata's bed.

He reached for Hinata's hand and delicately took it in his own. It took him a while to build up enough courage to speak. "I'm so, so sorry. I'm an awful boyfriend," he began, looking down at the floor. "I couldn't protect the one person I love."