Halfborn Puts His Foot Down (literally)

PoV - Magnus

Floor 19 had just arrived at the practice battle and the action was already going. T.J. within the first thirty seconds had headshotted some girl with katana for a weapon. I thought that was a weird weapon for a Norse einherji, but she was dead for I had too much time to think on it. Alex and I double teamed a beserker; she used her garrote to disarm him (no, seriously, she cut his arms off) and I stabbed the first place I could reach: his groin. I'm pretty sure he died of pain and humiliation before anything else. Alex and I high-fived and then I blushed deeply, hoping she wouldn't notice. Gods, I fell so hard in love with her it's not even safe anymore. 

While I was distracted, something went down behind me. I was looking at Alex when she suddenly lurched past me. I turned, and somehow Halfborn must have gotten his foot cut off because he was holding it in his hand, stumbling on one foot and a stub. 

"Damn it you two!" He yelled, directly and Alex and me. "Will you two please stop being so infatuated with each other and pay attention to your surroundings?! I'm not particularly excited about waking up with foot pains from this." He waved his foot in the air to emphasize his point.

"H-halfborn I'm sorry." I stumble, embarrassed that I had let my crush cost my friend a foot. 

"This is enough!" He actually throws his foot down. Whole new meaning to putting your foot down... "You too are so obviously in love with each other, and if you don't get over you short-nearsightedness and confess to each other, we will all be dying quick and premature deaths until Ragnarok!"

Alex and I glance at each other, wide-eyed, and blush and look away. "Sorry, Halfborn..." We both say at the same time. Mallory snorts and turns to stab a charging enemy in the neck before he can even try to counter. 

"Just get it over with. If not now, then after we resurrect." Then she was busy, focusing on fighting. 

After that, Alex and I fight separately until I take and axe to the back and she dies sometime after. 

Later

I wake up in my bed, having dreamt of Alex (shocker.) I open my eyes and turn to see Alex just chilling out next to my bed. 

"Finally, you're awake." He says simply. "I woke up a whole ten minutes ago." 

"Sorry." I sit up and feel a faint ache in my back from where I was axed.

"So um... about what Halfborn said..."

"Are you really in love with me?" We both said it simultaneously, which made us blush even more. 

"Yes..." I say first, my heart pounding. 

"Yeah... me too." he says slowly. I look into his two colored eyes, mesmerized. Could this person, this fluid, ever-changing, amazing beautiful person actually love me? My brain couldn't comprehend it. 

"I-I don't kn-" I was cut off as he pulled me into a huge hug. 

"Don't even start with the 'what could you possibly love about me?' thing. Magnus you are amazing. You accepted me for me right away. Even if you didn't completely understand my genderfluidity, you still accepted it and were my friend all the same. You didn't question me when you found out that I'm a child of Loki, and you respected that I didn't want you in my head when you could have healed me. You've been the best friend I've ever had, whether I tease you and make fun of you or not. I... I love you Magnus Chase." 

"Alex, I love you too." I don't even know how to form any other words, not after what Alex just said to me. "You have no idea how happen I am you feel the same about me that I do about you."

He pulls away. There's a slight glistening in his eyes and I realize that he had been tearing up a little. "I've just been so scared. I have been afraid you wouldn't like me back because I'm such a jerk sometimes, or because sometimes I'm a boy like right now and you wouldn't want to be with another boy, or-"

I cut him off by taking his face with both of my hands and pulling him to kiss me. I acted before I thought, not even bothering to consider that he might cut my hands off for doing such a thing. I pull back and he is blushing like crazy. 

"I love you for you Alex, not you're gender. Call me whatever sexuality you want, but I don't care. I love you whether you're a girl, a boy, or a freaking lizard for Frey's sake." He smiled at this and I love the way his face lit up when I said the last part especially. 

"I might just turn into a lizard for you sometimes then." He smirks slyly. 

I shrug. "Go for it, just know, I won't kiss you as a lizard. I love you, but I won't go that far."

He laughs, "Okay, Maggie. Whatever you say." The look in his eye made me afraid that I might actually wake up with a lizard in my bed some day. I gulp a little to hard. This makes him laugh even harder.

"So... we are a thing now?" I ask hesitantly.

"Of course sunshine boy."

"Sunshine boy?"

"Uh, yeah. Sunshine. You um... remind me of sunshine." 

I decide not to elaborate, and just pull him into a hug, falling backward onto the bed with him, and we cuddle like that for a bit, moving into a comfortable position with his head of my chest and my arms around him. 

About ten minutes passing, us talking about this and that, then the doors opens and Mallory and Halfborn walk in. 

"Magnus, Alex isn't in her room so he better damn well be in-"

Mallory's voice cuts off as she sees us. 

"Ha! Good. It's about damn time." Halfborn says with amusement in his voice.

"You two lovebirds enjoy yourselves then." Mallory says with a wink before they exit, closing the door behind them. 

Alex looks up at me. "You know, I think they planned this." 

I shrug, "Maybe. I'm not complaining."

He smiles. "Me neither." 

He reaches up, and we kiss. My mind melts again as his lips move against mine, my hands slowly entwining in his green hair. We cuddle and kiss like this for a while, totally skipping dinner and falling asleep together. 

The end, hope you enjoyed this one shot, bye!