Chapter Nineteen™

. . .

It was finally their time to leave. Troye really did not want to leave, he was having so much fun just being with Jacob and singing silly songs with him and goofing around. All of his other friends would regard singing silly songs with Troye as uncool and always avoided it but Jacob, well he was different. He was special, his special Prince Charming.

The two boys stood at the verandah looking at each other with big, doe eyes while holding each other's hand as if they never ever wanted to let it go.

"Sissy, can't he stay today?" Jacob pleaded with his innocent blue eyes and a childish pout. His sister let out a heavy sigh as she replied to him, "I am afraid he can't. His mum must be worried at home and we also have an invite to a barbeque party tonight and I don't think mum would appreciate it if we bring Troye along with us."

"Well, what if I wear a polo shirt and hide him in my pocket, huh? Then no one would be able to see him and I can have him all the time with me, right?" Jacob said innocently as Sage cooed at his innocence.

"You are really so adorable, Jacob," she said as she petted his hair and booped his nose, Troye giggling beside him softly.

"I guess we really need to go now," Sage said as she tilted the chin of the shorter girl up and smiled at her before pecking her lips.

"Ewww," both the boys grimaced together which was quite ironical because just a few minutes ago, Troye had pecked Jacob's cheek and Jacob had turned as red as a tomato.

"I had lots of fun, Tro," Jacob said as he tackled the younger, petite boy in a bear hug and held him as close to him as possible until Troye complained about how he could not breathe anymore.

"Also," Jacob said as he reached into his pocket and got out a crumpled swan paper crown which he had made from blue marble paper.

He sheepishly smiled at Troye who looked at him with love filled eyes, a natural blush coating his chubby cheeks as he pushed the curly brown locks away from his flushed face to be met with the sheepish, shy boy.

"Its not perfect but it matches with your eyes," Jacob said as he gently placed the swan paper crown on Troye's curls as Troye beamed at him, the memories of their first meeting coming back all of a sudden to them. Troye once again placed his lips on Jacob's cheek as Jacob internally squealed and felt as if he were on cloud nine.

"Its perfect, like you.'

. . .

"Where were you two?" Troye's mother yelled, her eyes red as she saw Sage and Troye entering the house. Sage closed her eyes and took a deep breath as Troye tried to hide behind Sage, holding on to her denim jeans, afraid to do anything because both of them knew that it was one of those nights.

"We went to visit a friend," Sage replied as she watched her mother's eyes change colour from green to grey, a stone like colour representing her current mood.

She glanced at Troye. whose small hands were gripping onto Sage and his eyes averted down, he already knew what could be the worst consequences in such a situation and he just did not want to relive that at all. It always managed to scare him to no limits.

"And why is that little one right there, dressed like a whore, huh? Are you teaching him how to be a slut like you too?" She said, her voice raised and index finger pointed at Troye as Troye shivered at the thought of what could happen next.

"Mum, please... You are not in a good state of mind, please don't say this," Sage said as she tried to tell Troye to go upstairs to his room. Troye immediately ran away, but he didn't actually go to his bedroom; he went and hid under the stairs while trying to peek at his mum and sister.

"And who are you to say that? You are anyways a sinner, against the god's rules and here you are saying that I am in the wrong state of mind?" She asks, her voice getting louder with each passing second as Troye flinches, covering his ears and closing his eyes shut. He quickly hurries upstairs to his bedroom, he knows exactly what is going to happen next.

He slams the door shut and gets under his covers, scared and tired and his heart aching. He never wanted this. After an hour or so, he heard a knock on the door and a soft voice calling out to him, "Troye, please open the door."

Troye immediately gets out of the bed and pads over to open the door and greet a messy haired, bruised and broken Sage. Troye maybe young but he knows what happens during times like these, he can feel it and somehow, his heart aches more as he sees the tear stains on his sister's cheek.

"Does it hurt too bad?" Troye asks as they both settle down under the covers, Sage's cold and battered body receiving warmth from the young boy who lay cuddled up in her arm, his small fingers caressing a blue tint on her cheek.

"It doesn't baby," she lies with tears in her eyes as Troye can't help but feel his eyes dampen too.

"You are lying, Sagey," Troye says, pushing a tiny wisp of hair from her face, every scarred emotion written within her eyes.

Sage gives up and nods slightly, sobbing quietly as Troye gently holds on to her fingers, his soft, voice cracking up as he said, " Its okay, Sagey, Its okay. Everything is okay."

And Sage barely managed to smile at the small boy who cried himself to sleep for the first time ever, the swan crown getting crushed under his curls like his heart.

But this was just the beginning of something bad.

. . .

hi

hope you liked it

i know it was a longer chapter than usual and things are a bit rushed but almost about only six chapters to go! yay!

take care and be safe everyone xxxxx