6.0 T H E W I N N E R

I submitted right before the time for joining was up. It wasn't because I wasn't proud of my shoot, I truly was. I was scared.

   Truly and utter, shitless scared. Naomi's cursing had grown on me over the passing weeks.

   I didn't have much time to think. Mid terms were killing me. I almost didn't have time to breath. I had never been this stressed in my life.

   So I decided to be careless.

   Last time I do it, I tell you.

   "They announced the winner."

   "What"

   Jackson's words surprised all of us. Confusion showing in all of our faces.

   "It hasn't even been three weeks." I said.

   "The lady said they would tell us fast but I never imagined this." Steph commented.

   "I saw a big fuss outside the administration office and I came to see what it was about. Some girl told me they posted the winners so I came closer. Apparently the best one was someone from first year."

   "Did you catch their pseudonym?" Steph's face was panicky. It was Leah who asked.

   "No, it was too crowded. I run to tell you guys."

   They all got up from the table and run towards the office. I stayed in my seat for a second. I felt nauseous, I didn't want to know. I felt regret going the way up from my stomach. This was just too much.

   "C'mon, Lizzie. Don't you wanna see?" Jackson took my hand and dragged me outside.

   I honestly didn't want to.

   "Mine is 'Gibberish'." Steph was rather short, and as much as she tried to push everyone, she couldn't see.

   "What kind of pseudonym is that?" Blake scoffed.

   I couldn't say anything, mine wasn't better.

   Not long after, the crowd started to clear, the hyper passing. We could finally see the list.

   "I got third place!!!" Steph couldn't believe it. She was so happy.

   "Who got first?" Naomi asked.

   Leah was the closest one to the sheet. I didn't want to even look.

   " 'Leon' from second year got second place and... 'Outsider' from first year got first place."

   Hell, no. I thought.

   Maybe I said it out loud. Blake was the first to notice my scared face.

   "What?" He saw my widened eyes. "Is that you? Lizzie?"

   I won?

   "You are 'outsider'?!"  I don't know what kind of tone Steph was using. I chose to ignore it.

   "That's your room!" Leah said, referring to my photo. "You won, Lizzie!"

   "Wow! Congratulations! You two rock!! You are going to be featured in a gallery!" Said Naomi hugging the both of us.