Chapter 14: The Problem at Hand

Winters relaxed in his quarters with a drink in his hand. He was satisfied at the fact his plan was going great.

"To picking up the pieces," he toasted to his armor that he wore three thousand years ago.

Then he felt someone was behind him.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Two creatures remain, my lord," Aguila told him.

"Well, by all means, then, let's finish it. And you will finally be free of your stone prison," Winters replied.

"But if the curse is broken, we will no longer be immortal," Aguila argued.

"Brother, do not question my command," Winters shot down.

Aguila growled and left to find the other generals. This was not what he had in mind.

BACK AT THE LAIR...

Mikey was skateboarding on the halfpipe, Casey was playing video games, Skylar was skating around the lair with some roller blades, and Leo, Donnie, and April were trying to figure out this legend and how it was connected to the monsters and Winters.

"So, what are we looking for?" April asked.

"Well, according to these star charts, the portal is set to open directly over Winters Tower in the next 24 hours," Donnie answered.

"So the legend is right. Three thousand years," April remarked.

"And when the portal opens, we'll lose the city to monsters within hours. Within days, the country. And within weeks, the world," Donnie explained, showing a map of the outcome that could happen.

Mikey was using his right hand to balance on one end of the half pipe, guessing, "Oh, so it's like Halley's comet, only monsters come out?"

"Yes. I guess so," Donnie responded, a little surprised.

Mikey chuckled as he said, "I'm smart."

He went back down the half pipe, only for him to crash.

"I'm okay," he groaned as the others cringed.

"Why do we need Raph, anyway? It's his temper that always jeopardizes all our missions," Leo asked unexpectedly.

"Okay, Leo. Whatever you say. Nobody was talking about him," Donnie mumbled, looking at April, who shrugged.

Leo started to walk up the stairs until Splinter stopped him for a moment.

"Leonardo, this team you are so eager to lead is incomplete. You know what you must do. I know Ms. Jamie is trying to help, but this is something you and Raphael need to fix yourselves," he explained.

Leo sighed then answered, "Yes, Sensei."

He left the lair to find his brother and one of the girls he had considered a sister. Skylar skated up to Splinter.

"Splinter, I know my sister and she likes to take things into her own hands. Raph's bark is worse than his bite with his brothers, but with her, neither one happens. I've seen the way Raph looks at her and he really likes her. And I know she feels the same way," she replied.

"I know, child. She can help him, but this is something he must handle with Leonardo. She can build that relationship; it just needs to be on a time where Raphael isn't going through problems that she might not be able to fix," he explained.

She nodded, hugged him, and went back to hang out with the others.

AT WINTERS CORP...

The three remaining generals were putting the 11th monster in its cylinder cage until the door opened.

"Generals, I think our brother has plans to betray us. The 13th monster must not be found," Aguila replied dangerously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So it looks like the generals are going rogue and the turtles are going to try to stop this portal from opening. But now there is something that needs to be dealt with first.