Chapter 11: More Tension

The next morning was pretty rough. Jamie and the turtles were either eating breakfast or trying to figure out what the yeti was doing in New York.

"Dudes, did anyone get the license plate of that thing that hit us last night? My head," Mikey groaned, holding his head.

"Okay, that was just weird. I mean, first the Foot, then that hideous monster," Donnie replied.

"Yeah. It looked like your mom, dude," Mikey laughed.

Donnie rolled his eyes then pointed out, "Yeah, that would make her your mom too, doofus."

"Yeah, whatever," Mikey shrugged.

"Keep laughing, Mikey. Last night was an embarrassment," Raph said.

"I'll tell you what's embarrassing: you can't follow a single order," Leo replied.

"Oh, how cute. You've been back for five minutes and now you're schooling us on your master plan?" Raph snapped.

"Okay, so this is my fault now, huh, Raph? I'm the only one that has to be responsible?" Leo almost hollered.

"Hey, you're the trained master, not me," Raph threw back.

Jamie knew she had remained quiet long enough.

"Guys, please stop. Look, I understand that you both have your issues with each other, but you can deal with it another time. We need to focus on the matter at hand. So stop acting childish and just get this done. Geez, Skylar behaves better than you guys sometimes," Jamie said.

"Dudes, can it. Here comes Splinter and Skylar," Mikey whispered and covered the bandage on his head.

Leo and Raph just sat there in shock from what Jamie said while Donnie sat by Mikey. Splinter came in humming while Skylar skipped in behind him.

"Good morning, my sons and Jamie," Splinter greeted.

"Good morning, Sensei," all but Raph said.

"Sup," Raph responded.

"Morning, Jamie," Skylar greeted, not knowing what just happened.

"Morning, sis," Jamie replied.

"Good morning, guys," she smiled and they told her the same.

"Every ninja's day should start with a healthy breakfast. It fills me with pride to see you boys together again. If anyone needs me, I'll be watching my stories," Splinter told them.

Donnie and Mikey ate leftover pizza while Raph and Leo ate cereal angrily as they glared at each other.

"Hothead," Leo muttered.

"Splinter Jr.," Raph snapped.

"Okay, I give up. Skylar, stay with Mikey. I'll be back," Jamie said, really mad.

She stalked off to the dojo as her sister just looked after her, confused. Jamie beat up the punching bags with the moves Splinter taught her.

"Cody is going to break up with Donna. I just know it," Splinter remarked then turned the TV on.

"We interrupt the Gilmore Girls for this special news report," the voice announced.

"Monsters loose in the city? Strange reports are coming in about an incident that sounds like something out of science fiction," the reporter said, showing the construction site the turtles were at the night before.

"Boys!" Splinter yelled.

He sent them into his room while he sent Skylar to the dojo. She walked in to see the dummy almost shredded.

"Dang Jamie, if I had known to stay away from you, I would've listened," she said.

"Hey. I heard Splinter. And sorry about barging out. I'm just getting really mad at Raph and Leo because they're arguing about something and I don't want them to," Jamie explained.

"We'll figure it out," Skylar assured and they hugged.

Meanwhile, Splinter was talking with his sons about their disobedience.

"Leonardo, I am most disappointed in you. You are the eldest of your brothers. I was counting on you to bring order to the chaos of this family. This is why I have forbidden any surface activity. We cannot return to the surface to fight evil if we continue to fight each other," he explained.

"But Master Splinter, how can I be expected to do so when Raph-" Leo started.

"No excuses when you are the leader, my student!" Splinter hollered and left the room.

"We have to go out and find who's responsible for this. There ain't no other solution," Raph replied.

"Save the brute-vigilante junk for that Nightwatchman," Leo said.

"Night Watcher," his brothers corrected.

"Yeah, whatever," Leo muttered.

"I'm going out," Raph grumbled.

As he was leaving, Jamie was leaving the dojo and she told Skylar to stay with the others. She tapped his shoulder. When he saw her, he gave a sad smile, which she returned.

"Look Jamie, I'm sorry. It's just that I'm not ready to let go of my grudge on Leo yet," he explained.

"I understand that these things take time, but there is something more important to deal with right now. At least try to," she requested.

"I guess. You wanna come with me to the surface?" he wondered.

"As the Night Watcher?" she asked.

"Not tonight. I was gonna ask Casey to help out too if that's okay," he said.

"Yeah. To go with you and he can come," she answered.

"Alright, let's go," he smirked, holding his hand out.

She took it, smiling and they went up to the surface.

'Things will get better. Remember that,' Jamie thought to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Leo and Raph are at each other's throats, but Jamie's trying to help out as much as she can. Will they come together when they are needed?