Chapter 6: Jamie Finds Out

Start from the beginning

"Crap," she mumbled.

"Who's there?" Casey asked.

"Come out!" Raph demanded.

Jamie slowly went out for them to see her with her hands up defensively.

"Take it easy. I may have seen who you are, but your secret's safe with me," she said.

Raph's eyes widened, knowing that his cover was blown.

"You saw me without my helmet?" he asked.

"Yeah, but you can trust me. Plus, I wanted to thank you again for helping me back there and last week," she answered, slowly walking up to him.

He smirked as he removed the helmet and answered, "No problem. Name's Raphael, but I go by Raph."

"I'm Jamie," she smiled and they couldn't break eye contact.

"And I'm Casey; apparently, I'm missing something here," Casey replied, making Raph and Jamie straighten up and blush a little.

"Ugh. Hold on," Raph told her.

He went behind the heating duct to change while Casey and Jamie talked.

"So how do you know Raph? As the Night Watcher, I mean," he asked.

"Last week, he saved me from that guy and some of his friends when they were robbing a store. And he offered me to help get the last one since he got the rest of them," Jamie explained.

"Gotcha," Casey nodded.

Raph came back out and when Jamie saw him, she almost couldn't quit staring at his muscles. She thought to herself that he was HOT.

"Well, I got to go. I'll leave you two alone," Casey smirked, winking at Raph before he left.

They sat down on the edge of the roof and watched as the police arrested the guy. They talked about their lives, Jamie being the oldest of two children, her parents' deaths, how she cares for her little sister, Skylar, and how if she goes out, Skylar is under the care of April O'Neil or another friend of hers, but she never knew about Casey while Raph being the second oldest out of four brothers, having a rat father and sensei, being friends with April and Casey Jones, how they fought the Foot, how they defeated their enemy, the Shredder, and what's going on now.

"What was I supposed to do, sit around, wait for Leo to come back and save the day? I mean, we haven't heard word one from him, since Splinter sent him away on his little vacation. Come on, you think these lowlifes take vacations at the first sign of pressure? No. The criminal element of this city may be guilty of a lot of things, but being quitters ain't one of them," Raph explained, putting his helmet in his bag, then added as he stood and paced, "You know, I don't even care about Leo anymore. I hope he never comes back."

"Come on, aren't you being a little hard on him?" Jamie asked.

"I don't know. It's possible. I guess if I could live anywhere other than the city, I'd go too. But I could never leave this place. I can't even sleep without the sound of the subway rumbling over my head," he replied, sat back down beside her, then sighed, "I guess it comes from growing up with a houseful of brothers."

She gently gripped his hand as she explained, "Look, I may not know what it's like to have brothers, but I understand what you're going through. Skylar and I tend to argue over everything and we can't stand each other. I can come off a little bossy and she can act way older than her age and she's only nine, but when push comes to shove, we love each other and understand where the other is coming from. If you put yourself in Leo's position, you can understand some things that you never could to begin with."

Raph smiled and rested his head on her shoulder as he answered, "Thanks Jamie. You should get in trouble more often; we could hang out more."

She chuckled then suggested, "Yeah, or if it's okay with you, you can introduce me and, if possible, Skylar, to your family."

"I think the others would like to make some more human friends. You can come tonight if you want to. And you could even stay there, since you guys live on your own," Raph agreed.

"Yeah. Let's do it," she smiled.

"But one thing, you can't tell them I'm the Night Watcher," he requested.

"I promise," she said and kissed his cheek.

They blushed at that, but recovered and went back to the apartment where Skylar met Raph. She thought he was awesome and they all went to the lair, but the others were asleep, so they went into Raph's room and stayed there until it was time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, Jamie and Skylar know about the turtles and only Jamie and Casey know that Raph is the Night Watcher. But what about when Leo comes home?