Chapter 2: What the Turtles Do Now

Start from the beginning

BACK IN CENTRAL AMERICA...

"He's a big hit," April said.

"All right. Let's hear it. What's Raph doing?" Leo wondered, sighing.

"No one really knows. He just sleeps all day," she answered.

"Well, what's he do all night?" he asked.

UP TOP FACING THE CITY...

Raphael faced the city of New York in a metal suit on his motorcycle. He held his helmet in his hand as he waited to hear what would come over the radio he had.

"2802, 2802, burglary in progress at 55th and Broadway. Suspects considered armed and dangerous. Might be a hostage situation," a police officer's voice replied over the device.

"Time to punch in," Raph smirked, placing his helmet on, revving his motorcycle, and heading off in that direction.

Meanwhile, an explosion went off in an alley way and a group of thugs came out with stuff they stole and a girl tied up, looking scared. She had long, brown hair, hazel eyes, a nice red shirt, dark skinny jeans, and red Vans. She looked no younger than 16 and her name is Jamie.

"Good work, boys. That was easier than I thought it was gonna be," the leader said smugly.

"Hey, look, guys. I grabbed a toaster," one of them, named Tommy, showed the others proudly.

"I love your work ethic, Tommy. It's an inspiration to us all," the leader responded sarcastically.

"What are you gonna do with me?" Jamie asked fearfully.

"Don't worry, Sweetheart. We won't hurt you. Unless you do something to make us," the leader told her.

"Now get moving," another demanded.

They ran into the alley until a set of chains came out and grabbed two of the thieves' ankles. They fell to the ground and were dragged back into the darkness, leaving the others to turn around, scared.

"What was that? What's going on, guys?" Tommy asked.

That's when the chain came out at full speed.

"What in the-?" the leader said, then got smacked in the face, sending him into the garbage.

The thief who held Jamie let her go as Raph came down and started punching and kicking him until he was unconscious. Tommy dropped everything he had, grabbed Jamie, and held the gun shakily to her head.

"Looks like it's just you and me, Shaky," Raph said.

"Don't move or I'll kill her!" Tommy threatened.

"Take it easy. I'm not gonna hurt you...much," Raph smirked then shouted, "Boo!"

Tommy screamed, after dropping his gun and letting Jamie go, and ran away.

"How pathetic," Raph rolled his eyes as he cut her loose.

"I know, right?" Jamie answered, causing them both to chuckle.

"You wanna help take him down?" he offered, holding a hand out.

"I'd love to," she smirked, taking his hand.

They jumped on his motorcycle as they chased after the remaining thief.

"I love when they play hard to get," Raph laughed.

"Whoo-hoo!" Jamie cheered as she held on.

They couldn't help but blush at how she was holding onto him. They finally caught and tied him up with the rest of the thieves with his chain. Then he took her home while the police found the thieves.

"The Night Watcher," one said.

"He's doing our job for us again," the other replied as the thieves argued a little and they took them in.

BACK IN CENTRAL AMERICA...

"Your training period ended a year ago. And Splinter says you don't write anymore," April told Leo.

"Splinter sent me down here to become a better leader. I can't go back a failure. Besides, these people need me more than my brothers do," he replied.

"If Master Splinter were here, he would ask you, 'What is your heart telling you?'" she pointed out.

"I don't know. I just know something's missing," Leo sighed, tossing a stick into the fire.

"Your brothers need you, Leo. They're lost without you," she explained, looking away.

When she looked back, he was gone. She stood, looking around.

"Leo?!" she called, but there was no answer.

She decided to head back up to finish her job and back to New York.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So the turtles have been doing their own thing since Shredder's death, but it seems the team is broken. What awaits them?