Chapter ten

Riley's POV:

After about three hours my whole room is transformed to how it used to be.

My parents were very happy to see that Farkle came over and helped us get the boxes out of the attic.

My mom wouldn't let me throw out any of my old stuff so she put it all in the attic.

I look around the room.

I pick up my headless teddy bear as a small smile creeps on my face.

It feels nice to finally have my old room back.

I guess I missed this stuff more than I thought I would.

"I see that smile." Farkle says with a smirk.

I roll my eyes, "Shut it, Minkus."

"Yes! My plan is working!" He fist bumps the air, making me giggle.

"Maybe a little. But I'm still not a fan of all this purple."

"You'll get there." He reassures me. He sighs happily.

"Alright, onto step two."

"What's step two?" I ask, curiously.

I lean against my bed frame.

"Wardrobe. You LOVED floral designs and ruffles and color. We're going clothes shopping." He explains.

I look at my closet. "There's nothing wrong with my clothes, Farkle." I fold my arms over my chest.

He walks over and opens my closet, revealing tons of black (and a few colored) clothing items.

"Riles, I love the color black too, but this is just too much."

"So what are you, my gbf (gay best friend) now?" I ask with a giggle.

He laughs. "Take off the G, then maybe one day I could be your bf." he winks at me, making me blush a little.

"Maybe." I wink back making him laugh.

"So, wanna go shopping?" He asks.

I nod. "Sure. But just so you know, I'm going to pay you back."

"No, you aren't."

"Yes I am."

"Nope."

"Yep."

"Nope.

"Yup."

"Is this how it's going to be the whole way to demolition?" Farkle asks as we crawl out of the bay window.

"Yep." I give him a cheeky smile before climbing down the fire escape.

*time skip cause I'm too lazy*

We walk in through the front door of my apartment, both of us carrying about seven/eight bags each.

We take the bags to my room, closing the door behind us.

I drop the bags on the floor and plop down on my bed.

"Something wrong?" He sits down beside me.

I sit up.

"I feel bad. You just spent about two hundred dollars on me! That's just too much." I tell him. I run my hand through my hair.

"Don't feel bad, princess."

I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder.

"I'll try not too. But I'll most likely still feel bad." I tell him.

"Farkle?"

"Yea?"

"I don't feel any different. Even with the clothes and redecorating my room, I don't feel any different." I explain.

He wraps his arm around my torso, bringing me into a side hug.

"It's going to take time. Also, just so you know, I'm not helping change you back to your old self because I don't like this you. I like and love any version of you. I just want you to break your bad habits and to be happy again. And to have Maya back, you guys were inseparable."

"Yea, we were, but I ruined that." I say quietly, remembering the horrible thing that I did.

"If you don't mind me asking, what did you do that made you guys to break apart?" He asks.

I sigh and sit up straight.

He removes his arms from my waist.

"You really want to know about all the awful stuff I did?" He nods.

I take in a deep breath. "It all started about a year ago."