chapter 4

The next morning was very eere and cold, fog covered the ground and visibility levels were low. Today my parents were coming home and hopefully everything would go normal. I was going to have a humdrum day, i would sit at home and relax i decided. I was sitting in my kitchen waiting for my toaster when suddenly there was a knock on the door, i wasn't expecting visitors so i was still in my playboy pjamas. "hello whose there", I yelled from behind the door embarrased to open it "open the door claire its cold and we need to talk" replied a voice i hadn't heard in a while, it was Peter. I opened the door rapidly and let him in. "want a cup of tea" i asked "yes please" Peter answered. He followed me into the kitchen and watched me make the cup of tea with a smirk on his face. "listen i think we need to talk, things have been akward between us since, you know the whole jake thing" he said "i know and that's something i've been wanting to talk to you about" i stuttered, "well i wanted to say i forgive you and i'm willing to give you another chance", he said sincirley. I looked around aimlasly, i was so over boys and really didn't want anything to do with them, i just wanted to be friends, "thanks alot for understanding, I've made so many mistakes and i really don't want to mess this up, so can we just take this slow" i implored, "yes sure, i really didnt want to rush into anything anyway", he added. Knowing this made me happy, someone was finally there for me again. We spent the rest of the morning chatting and babbleing on until he had to leave. I was so relieved to know everything seemed to be going normal.

I fell into a deep, enchanting sleep until i was awoken by the familiar voices of my family, THEY WERE BACK!. I had missed them so much but i was going to miss having my own space and time but i was so glad they were back. I was informed that my grandma was slowly recovering, which was reassuring news and that she should be out of hospital soon. 

That night i thought everything was going great, until the frightening thoughts came back. Not everything was ok, I was still considered a "slut" and that video wasn't gone, what was I supposed do. i guess the mistrust of the future makes it hard to give up the past.