Chapter 2 School Supplies

"Excellent!" Professor Fontaine says, "All we need  to do now is head off to New York and buy your supplies We can get there by apparating, just hold on to me."

Professor Fontaine put one hand on Charles shoulder the other on his wheelchair, he instructed Alina to hold her father's hand, just as they were about to apparate, Logan spoke up.

"Wait just a minute, bub, if you think I'm letting the professor and the kid go anywhere with you alone, you're nuttier than I thought."

Logan takes Alina's hand and they apparate to China Town.

"This is where we're going to buy the kid's supplies?" Logan says.

"No, Mr. Logan, it's over this way."

They walked a little ways to a little run down restaurant with no name.

"The Dragon's Scale?" Logan asks.

Professor Fontaine whips around and stares at Logan, "You can see that?"

"Yeah as clear as day."

"Some mutants are immune to magic, Professor, Logan is one of them as I believe Alina is as well." Charles informs Fontaine. He nods in response.

They walk into the restaurant and make their way to the kitchen where professor Fontaine opens the refrigerator door and ushers them in. Logan, being the last one to enter, gives the the Professor an odd look.

"You're kidding, right? Professor Fontaine smiles and ushers them in.

Once inside he opens another door that has suddenly appeared.

"Welcome to Dragon Alley," They have now officially stepped into the wizarding world.

As they make their way down the street they see all sorts of  shops. Quidditch shops, broom shops, book stores, an Apothecary shop, pet stores, an owl emporium. There was also a big white bank in the middle of the Alley, Gringotts Wizarding Bank. Charles started heading in that direction.

"Dad where are you going?"

"We need to get some money out of your vault in order to buy your supplies, it's in the vault your mother left you."

They walked into bank looking around, None of the mutants were surprised to see the Goblins, which surpised Professor Fontaine.

"We're mutants, bub, we've seen weirder. Professor Fontaine shrugged.

They walked up to one of the teller, he was a stern looking goblin.

"Good afternoon, sir," Charles says, the goblin looks up surprised.

"Good afternoon."  The goblin replies

"I'm Charles Xavier, we are here to make a withdrawal from my daughter's vault. The original location of her account is in London, will that be a problem."

"No, Mr. Xavier that won't be a problem, all banks are magically linked. Does Miss. Xavier have her key?"

"Your locket, Alina, it turns in to the key."

Charles helps her remove her locket and hands it to the goblin. The goblin takes the necklace, gets off his podium and takes them to the vault himself.

When they arrive at the vault, Charles asks Logan to go in with Alina and Professor Fontaine.

"It will be difficult for me to manuever inside the vault." Logan nods.

When they get inside the vault Logan and Alina are amazed at the amount of money there is. The professor takes a back out of his pocket and takes a few handful of gold, silver an bronze coins.