Part 2: Bittersweet Memory

Começar do início

She rolled her eyes from under the speeder she was currently working on. "Got it, thanks."

"Good. Customer wants it done by tonight, so ya better get started."

"Fantastic," she said as he was walking away, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "There goes my lunch break." He seemed to think that assigning her all the big projects with little to no notice was a good idea. Especially since she was they always needed to be done by some unrealistic time.

Ahsoka spent the whole day working, guiltily ignoring several calls from Lux. Days like that would happen every now and then if one of them was busy, so she wasn't too worried about it. He would understand.

She was just putting the finishing touches on the speeder when someone kicked her foot. The store owner had a habit of doing that when he needed her attention. "Yeah?" She groaned.

"There's some dude out front lookin' for ya. I suggest ya go talk to him before he kills me or something." He practically ran to to the back room as if afraid of whoever had come to see her.

"Great," she said to herself, "I'm either about to  die or get a very strongly worded lecture from Anakin." She stood up and sighed. She had done it again. "When will I get it into my head that he's gone?" Clutching a measly wrench for self defense, she sulked out through the front door, expecting to see someone like Lux or Ventress or even possibly Count Dooku. She looked up, and her wrench fell to the ground.

"Hey, Snips. Long time, no see." Anakin gave a warm smile.

"Master!" She threw her arms around him. "How did you find me?"

"It wasn't that hard. I know you. Code 66 was helpful, too." He winked.

She smiled and crossed her arms. "I'm glad you think so. Why did you find me?"

"We miss you, Ahsoka. My offer still stands. Would you reconsider coming home?"

"I'm sorry, Master, but I chose to go. I don't trust the Council, and they don't trust me." She sighed, knowing that she would've rather agreed.

He was crestfallen. "Alright, I understand. After a taste of the freedom you've had, I'm not sure I'd want to go back either."

"As strange as it may sound, I really miss it. The assignments, the clones, the trainin sessions...all of it. Maybe if the circumstances were different..."

"Oh! That reminds me–I have something for you." He reached behind his back and unclipped her two lightsabers, handing him to her.

She eagerly took them and slid them into the empty slots on her belt. "How did you get these? I lost them while I was being chased!"

He smiled. "I retraced your steps and found them without too many issues."

"And the Council just let you give them back to me? What's the catch?"

"No catch." She raised an eyebrow. "Okay, okay, they wanted me to ask a favor of you. The Council wants to do something about Mandalore's government. Darth Maul and Death Watch have completely taken over, and the Coucil thought you would be the best one to lead the attack since you've already done it once."

She laughed. It was true, the last time she was on Mandalore, her and a few of her students managed to overthrow a corrupt government. To this day, she wasn't sure how they pulled it off. Her eyes floated to the ground. "I can't do that. I'm not a Jedi anymore; I have no army, no motivation, and no pride in what I do."

But she had been craving a battle for ages... The force would always be with her, as would her skills so long as she kept in shape. They needed her. So much so that they asked Anakin to seek her out. Lux would be heartbroken if she left. She couldn't do that to him after all they'd been through together.

"I don't know, Master. Why are you asking this of me? Isn't there somebody else more qualified for this sort of thing."

He placed a hand on her shoulder. "The Council is asking you, Ahsoka. Everything is different now. At least give it some thought, okay?" He handed her a comlink. She reluctantly slid it into her pocket, nodding.

"Okay. It's not an easy decision, you know."

He hugged her once more. "I know."

A/N: Howdy y'all how's your week been? I AM SO CRAZY ON ENERGY RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!!!!!! I may or may not have slept all day today.... School- induced sleep deprivation is slowly driving me insane...

Before I forget, shout out to @starwarsfangirl4life who's trying to reach 55 followers. You should follow her. Like right now. She's cool XD

Thus chapter was supposed to be much longer at first, but I figured I'd save the good stuff for the next chapter to balance out the feels ;) As much as it may seem the opposite, I do not enjoy torturing you guys. Much.

I'll do my best to update soon. THE FUN STUFF THAT I'M SUPER EXCITED TO WRITE IS COMING UP FOLKS!!! BE PREPARED!!!!! AND ALSO FUZZIES!!!!

Seriously, though, I'm going to have something up by the end of this coming weekend. We don't have guard practice on Saturday for some strange reason, so I'll have a bit more time than usual.

Don't forget to be awesome, and may the force be with you.