Chapter 8: Public Exposure

I gape at my screen, staring down at the name. It couldn't have been a worse person. But I calm down because of the girls around me. Some giggle and laugh it off so I try to as well. He probably won't even think anything of it. Just breathe Leah he hates you anyway, and you hate him.

But I can't ignore the uneasy feeling in my stomach, the way him seeing a message like that from me can make me so nervous. Would it be the same for Rohan or Chuck? We all stand around until Simone and the other girls begin to speak. "So the texts have been sent and hopefully someone is gullible enough to come down here and follow you up on those texts. When they do it and I assure you they will, we have some big plans in store."

She flicks her red hair and looks around, satisfied. A tall girl raises her hand to ask a question. "But we didn't tell them where we were? How can they know to come down here?" She asks. The fake blonde girl answers her. "We put the word out. Plus it's not here they're meeting us. Follow on." The crowd begins to speak, as they lead us around the grounds.

When we've come to the front of the campus I'm feeling nervous. It isn't the most discreet place ever. As if on cue, some boys come trickling out the front, shirtless and boxered, tired but eager by the false offerings sent to them. A few windows are opened, the observers looking down from above. The looks of delight on the seniors faces says it all. They pulled it off.

A few girls are now desperately explaining the situation. Some guys shrug it off, probably knew it wasn't real. Others are more adamant they're getting lucky. I breathe a sigh of relief. Obviously Sam's not coming down. There's still quite a few guys coming out the front door but he wouldn't come. All I have to do is awkwardly try and explain it to him tommorow. I wonder how Mika's doing when I'm tapped on the shoulder.

"So you wanted to see me?" Sam says as I turn around, jaw dropping. I immediately cover my chest but feel so self conscious I spin him around. "Avert your gaze elsewhere there's plenty of hot chicks to look at Sam. And for the record the text was just a prank."

"Ahh I figured as much." He says, turning back around with his sly grin fixed on. "Sam please! Just go back to the dorm and forget about this it's already embarrasing enough." I say frustratedly.

"Leah I really couldn't forget this. I'm properly seeing your beautiful body give me some time." He says. We bicker at eachother but unfortunately it draws the attention of the senior girls. Simone grabs our arms and pulls us up in front of the crowd. "Hey everyone! Get a picture of the happy couple!" She says, shoving us together. He wraps his warm arm around me but I try to squirm out of it, gaining some laughter.

"Oh come on, don't be shy!" Someone shouts. More laughs.

"Yes we don't want her to be shy." Simone says, addressing the audience. "In fact, maybe taking her bra off would break the ice!" She shouts. Hoots and hollering from the crowd freeze me to my core. "No no no way! Simone I'm done with this!" I say.

"Aw come on sweetie we've all done it. He just needs to familiarise himself with you." She moves around me quickly and to my back. She has a girl hold my arms as she reaches the clip to my bra. "Cameras at the ready!" She screams, teasingly undoing the top clip. The excitement radiating from the crowd is washed away by the fear inside me. Girls who did this were skanky, they got expelled and they got a reputation.

I want nothing to do with those things. As my bra comes unhooked the girl holding my arms swept away. My bra is held to my chest by Sam's own. "That's enough." He says in a voice. that holds warning. The girls are too stunned to reply. He holds me close to himself as we push through the crowd. I'm hoping they can't see the blush on my face with the dim lighting. Once we've gotten inside we see them making some girls kiss.

Well at least they didn't have to publicly expose themselves. Mercifully the lift is working. We awkwardly get in, and Sam stabs the floor button with his free hand. The other holds my bare back. My own hands are pressed one against his chest, the other holding my last shred of dignity. The room's still unlocked so we get inside. Before breaking free he grabs my night shirt and pulls it down halfway on me one handedly.

Then he flops onto his bed, closes his eyes and rubs his temple. The awkward tension grows and I pull some pants on and turn off the light. The safety of my bed fills me with relief. But also knowing Sam's close does as well. I can feel him near me and I know he's got my back. A strang friendship has been built between us.

I'm nowhere near to nodding off so I just listen to the excited laughs and shouts from outside. "Hey Sam?" I say, gaining the courage to speak. "Yeah?" He says, an edge of something in his voice. He did seem pretty angry about the whole incident. "Thankyou." I say quietly. There's a momentary silence but when he speaks again his voice has softened. "Anytime."

I smile in the darkness and I think he does too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Wow. I like writing risque material but it can be weird haha
:-P Some new chapters coming up! I'm getting back into writing! xx