Chapter 44: Howdy

Start from the beginning

"Everything was delicious, thank you so much mom!" Ally says taking our plates away. I'm sitting as far from Lauren as possible, and I still can't help but glance at her all the time. "So, Camila, are you single?" Johnny, Ally's cousin sitting next to me asks. "Umm yeah, why?" I say sipping on my glass of Coke. "I was hoping we could go to the movies or something after dinner, what do you say?" He tells me grinning. "I'm sorry Johnny, we're not allowed to go out later." I answer with a smile. "I didn't picture you as a good girl who follows the rules." He says putting his hand closer to mine. "Well, I am. Sorry!" I say looking away and putting my hands on my lap. If Lauren was hearing this conversation she would've snapped at him a long time ago. "So girls, why don't you we go to the living room? I'm dying to show you some old videos of my baby." Ally's mom says and she blushes. "Mom, come on! I don't think they care." She protests. "Oh, we do! We want to see little Allyson!" Lauren says pinching her cheeks. We sit in the living room with all of her family members and Ally's mom puts on a video of Ally singing as a little girl. She was so cute, and so freaking talented. "Ally you were the cutest thing in this world!" I say giggling, and after a couple of seconds my phone buzzes in my pocket.

From: Lolo<33

Actually the cutest thing in this world is you, just saying...

I read the text with a stupid smile on my face. I look at Lauren sitting on the other side of the room and stick my tongue at her. It kills me to pretend we're not together, and to be so far away from her, but it's the only way to keep us safe. After the first video is over, Ally's mom puts a new one. In this one Ally is a little older, she's maybe 7 or 8 years old and she's running around the house. I want to have kids so bad, I love kids! My phone buzzes again.

From: Lolo<33

So you're ignoring me now, huh?

I laugh softly and look at her again. She lifts an eyebrow and then smiles.

To: Lolo<33

I'm sorry!! I'll make it up to you tonight, I promise;)

I see her smile as she reads my text. She's so cute! I could stare at her forever, I adore every single detail about her. I start picturing a little Lauren running around our house, with her tiny shoes untied and a microphone in her hand. I know its biologically impossible to have a baby with her, but that would be the most amazing thing in the world, no doubt. My phone buzzes again, and I look at it with a huge smile on my face, which slowly fades away.

From: Unknown Number

Hey pay attention, this next video is my fave!

My eyes widen reading the text and then I look back at the screen. How the fuck does he know where we are, and what we are doing? I glance at Lauren trying to connect her eyes on mine, but she's laughing looking at the video of Ally dancing. Suddenly the T.V. goes black, and new video appears. "Hey guys, isn't that your room?" Dinah asks me with a confused look on her face. Lauren desesperatly looks at me, holy shit, the videos. "Hey Camila that's you!" Normani says and I look at the video of myself walking into my room. "Ally please turn it off, please!" I yell walking towards the T.V. Lauren stands up too looking for the remote. "Ally, I'm serious, you need to turn it off right now!" I tell her and she starts to look for the remote too. Then Lauren walks into our room in the video and we start to get closer. Holy shit, Ally's whole family is here, watching this fucking video and I can't turn it off. I stand in front of the screen and Ally finally turns off the T.V. "Why was that video there Ally?" Her mom asks confused. "I don't know mom, it must've been a mistake." Ally answers sweetly and then looks at me biting her lip. "Well, we better get going, we have another show in Houston tomorrow and we need to sleep." Dinah says realizing we need to get out of here as soon as possible. "Yeah, it was a pleasure guys, thank you so much." I say hugging everyone. When we are about to walk out of the house something stops me. "Hey, about our date tonight, are you in?" Johnny says grabbing my arm. "I'm sorry, I can't. Bye Johnny." I say walking away and he slaps my ass. I push him as fast as I can and slap his face. Then Lauren walks over to us and I know this shit is about to go down. "Hey asshole stay the hell away from here, she's not interested." She says pushing him too. "Hey Lo, relax, its okay!" I say holding her back. "What's going on?" Ally's mom says walking towards us. "Nothing mom, we were just leaving. Goodnight everyone." Ally says pushing us out of the house. "I was about to kill that mother fucker." Lauren groans walking to the bus. "Hey Johnny is my cousin Lo." Ally complains and Lauren chuckles ironically. "He's still a pig Ally, you can't fucking deny that." She says and walks faster in front of us. I try to catch up with her and hold her waist. "Hey, are you okay? Thanks about before." I say intertwining our fingers, but her hand is stiff. "Lauren look at me! What's wrong?" I say making her face me and I see a tear run down her cheek. "The video... The video." She mumbles wiping the tears from her face. "I'm scared Camila, he knew where we were, he knew what we were doing and he almost fucking revealed our secret in front of Ally's family. I'm fucking scared and I don't know what to do." She says and starts sobbing. I pull her close and hug her, and she buries her face on my neck. "It's okay Lolo, everything is going to be okay." I say rubbing her back, but is it really? I don't know anymore, I'm just as scared as she is. We walk together to the bus, and I can't stop thinking about everything that happened today. "Are you going to sleep?" Lauren asks me scratching her red puffy eyes. "Yeah, I'll be there in a second." I say rubbing her cheek and I kiss her lips. "Okay baby." She answers nodding and gets in her bunk. I see Ally sitting in the common area of the bus and I sit next to her. "Hey Allycat! I wanted to apologize about earlier." I say smiling. "Don't worry about it Mila, its okay." She answers. "Lauren is just... A little on edge." I whisper and she smiles at me. "Really Camila, everything's cool." She says standing up. "I'm going to sleep, night Mila." She says patting my leg and then walks away. I lay down on the couch and close my eyes trying to forget the mess we're in. Then I remember about baby Lauren and smile, I can't wait to grow old with her. I know she's my first love, and no one actually marries their first love, but this is different. I just feel it in my bones, she's the one. I can't picture my life with anyone else, even though I try I can't. I can't imagine what its like to wake up in another arms, and I don't want to, because I know I am where I belong. "Camila hurry! Come see this!" I suddenly hear Lauren's husky voice and I run to my bunk. "Lo is everything okay?" I say catching my breath, but she shakes her head handing me her phone.

From: Unknown Number

That was close, wasn't it? Well I'm even closer. Sleep tight xx

"Holy shit." I say softly and stare into Lauren's eyes. "I know." She whispers and bites her lip. A part of me just wants this to be fucking over, I just can't deal with this anymore. "We can't go on with this Lauren, we need to tell the world about us or he's never going to stop." I say laying next to her. "I know." She says again and sighs. "Should we?" I say putting my head against her chest, feeling her heart beat faster. "But that's letting him win, isn't it?" She asks after a couple of seconds of silence. "I guess it is." I answer biting my lip. "And we can't let that happen." She says running her fingers through my messy hair. "Then what do we do?" I ask her and she sighs once more. "We stay together, and we fight."