Chapter 44: Howdy

Lauren's POV:

Loud music woke me up. As soon as I open my eyes I look for Camila, but she's not laying next to me, I'm alone in my bunk. Its still dark, why isn't she here and why is there music? I look at my phone confused, 4:23 am. This is extremely bizarre. I get off my bunk and walk to the common area of the bus, and there I find them. "Camila? What the fuck are you doing?" I ask looking at her, dancing around in her PJ shorts and a bra. "Hey you, come join us!" She says twirling and closing her eyes. I see someone sitting in the couch, staring at her naked upper body as she dances seductively. I walk over to see who this person is, but I can't see his face, I just hear an evil laugh. "Yeah, why don't you join us pretty eyes?" He says and Camila giggles. "What the hell is going on? Who are you?" I ask, but he chuckles again. "Why don't you show me some love babe?" He tells Camila pulling her into his lap and starts to kiss her neck. "Get off her, what the hell are you doing?" I ask trying to stop him, but I can't move. My body is paralyzed. "Get your filthy hands off her, you creep!" I yell, but he doesn't stop, and Camila seems to be enjoying it. "Camila please! Baby, come here!" I say but she doesn't even look at me, its like my voice is in mute. Suddenly I feel a beam of light in my eyes, and after a blinding couple of seconds I see her face. "Welcome to Texas Lo." Camila says smiling and kisses my forehead. I look around at my bunk, and I feel safe again, it was just a dream. "How did you sleep?" She asks me playing with my hair. "Umm, okay, I guess?" I say scratching my eyes. "Good, because we have a long day ahead." She says with a warm smile and pecks my lips. That dream was one of the weirdest shit ever. I hadn't had a dream that felt so real since I dreamed about Normani crashing in my bed, and telling me Camila had left the group. That was the night after she told me she had feelings for me. But now that she's back with Arin I guess what she felt for me vanished away. "Rise and shine sleepy head, go shower!" Camila says getting out of my bunk. "Hey, I have a crazy idea! Why don't you shower with me and we save some water, and save the world?" I ask grinning and she kisses my lips. "Okay, sounds reasonable. But, I'm just doing this for the penguins and the polar bears..." She says smiling and I kiss her again. I'm going to miss these little moments so much, I don't want this tour to be over. I follow Camila to the bathroom and close the door behind us. "And this is why I love penguins so fucking much." She says giggling and crashes her lips against mine putting her hands on my waist. "And that is why I love you so fucking much." I say when we pull apart and she smiles catching her breath. "I love you too Lauren Michelle Jauregui, we're going to get through this, okay?" She tells me holding my face, staring at me with her beautiful, perfect, hypnotizing brown eyes. "I know baby girl, nothing will tear us apart, I know that." I answer smiling and she hugs me. "I hope so, because there's no way in hell I can live without your love." She whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. Sometimes I think she underestimates how strong she is, she's actually one of the strongest people I know, I really admire that about her. And that's something that really scares me. What if I'm not as strong as she thinks I am? What if I can't be who she needs me to be? "Lauren? Hello?" She says moving her hand in front of my face. "I'm sorry babe, I zoned out. What were you saying?" I ask smiling. "I was asking if we're going to shower anytime soon, we kind of need to get ready for the show." She says giggling and pecks my lips. "Yeah, I'm sorry!" I answer taking of my shirt. There's so much on mind right now, maybe a relaxing shower is just what I need.

Camila's POV:

"This is why I love my hometown! Thank you so much for having us San Antonio, you're the best crowd ever." Ally says excitedly and we leave the stage. "I can't believe that was one of our last shows, I'm so sad!" Dinah says putting her arm around Normani's shoulder. Of course I'm sad too, but I'm also kind of tired. The idea of being in L.A. just chilling, recording, finishing up the album doesn't sound that awful after all. After the show Ally invited us to her house for dinner. I know her family is really old school and conservative, so I'm kind of scared they'll think less of me if I accidentally hold Lauren's hand or something. I guess we'll have to be extra careful tonight. We go to the bus to get ready for dinner with Ally's family and she seems to be really excited about it. "So who are we meeting tonight Allyson?" Dinah asks giggling. Its funny when we call her Allyson, it sounds so mature. "Well, you already know my parents, and some of my siblings and cousins will be there too." She answers smiling. This should be fun right? I don't even know why I'm so nervous. Since I was the first one to be ready I go lay on my bunk and listen to music for a while. "Hey, is everything okay?" Lauren suddenly appears smiling. "Yeah, I'm okay." I say taking off an earphone and fake a smile. "No, you're not. Move over." She says laying next to me. "What's on your head Camz?" Lauren asks me running her fingers through my hair. "I just, I'm nervous. You know how Ally's family is." I say softly. "There's nothing to worry about babe, they'll love you, almost as much as I do." She tells me and pecks my lips. How does she do it? She can make me feel so much better in a matter of seconds. "Thank you Lo. But you have to promise me you won't even look at me tonight, they can't find out about us." I say and she nods laying her head on my chest. We lay there in silence for a couple of minutes. "You know they'll know about us eventually." She says staring into my eyes. "Yeah, I know. I just hope its not tonight." I answer smiling and kiss the top of her head.