HOST: And the girl meets the idol out by the streets when he got lost. 

HYEJIN: Very typical, I know. 

HOST: But it is enjoyable when you write it. You are truly a good author, Hwan Hyejin. 

HYEJIN: Ah, don't say that. I'm still trying to learn new things. 

HOST: You will be the best, Hwan Hyejin. Please do continue. We are all interested in listening. 

HYEJIN: Ah, yes. So... the girl is Chinese and meets Dino of SEVENTEEN in her country by chance. She shows him around the country, although there is not much to tour and see since it's a small country. Every second spent together, they found themselves getting drawn to each other. 

HOST: That was my favourite part. When they started to fall with each other, it really touched my heart. The way you portrayed it reminded each and every one of us about the innocent love. Other than the complicated ones we can see in our everyday lives.

HYEJIN: I am a big fan of innocent and cute plots, so that probably explains a lot. And yes, I enjoyed writing that part just as well. And I assume everyone else knows what happens next?

AUDIENCE: Amusement park date!

HYEJIN: [laughs] Yes, the amusement park date. After spending time with each other, Dino slowly realizes that he will need to return back to South Korea soon. He will have to go back to hair and makeup, backstage interviews, onstage interviews, TV shows, music performances and everything else. He couldn't bring her with her since they were of two different worlds—kind of like in fantasy stories where one comes from the world of evil while the other comes from the world of good. 

HOST: That is one way to put it. What happens next?

HYEJIN: He wanted to tell her all those things, but he also didn't want to. So he had a plan: to act cold and distant so she would be the one who will break it off for them. What he didn't expect was her to do the same thing—even before he could start his act. 

HOST: My favourite part is coming up. 

HYEJIN: Is that so? I'm glad to know it's a favourite. 

HOST: I am sure the audience agrees with me on this one. 

AUDIENCE: [cheering] 

HYEJIN: Well, in that case, I should hurry up and explain it then. So around seven p.m., they sat by the empty playground on the swings. The girl confesses how she thinks it would be best if she leaves him forever, way ahead of Dino. 

HOST: That hurt my heart. The way you described it was like none other. 

HYEJIN: Ah, please. Like I said, I really am still learning. 

HOST: At such a young age, you have already succeeded something great. 

HYEJIN: Ah, no... Shall I continue?

HOST: Yes, go ahead. 

HYEJIN: Where was I... Oh, yes! So the girl leaves after confessing all the things Dino wanted to say to her and right before she was able to leave, Dino calls out to her. The girl was close to crying. How could you tell someone you've sincerely fallen for to leave? To forget about you, and the special times you've shared with them? So Dino calls out to her desperately and before she could run away too far...

HOST: This is my favourite part!

AUDIENCE: [squeals] 

HYEJIN: Okay, settle down. I will continue now. 

HOST: Go ahead! 

HYEJIN: Before she could run away too far... Dino holds onto her wrist and turns her around, landing his lips on hers—

AUDIENCE: [loud cheering and roaring]

HOST: Hits my feels every time. 

HYEJIN: As I was saying, Dino eventually has to leave but before he did, he told her to wait for just a year. She didn't know why she blinded trusted in him, but she just did. A year later, she sat there alone by the swings in the amusement park, recollecting the old memories they shared together. It was fine, she thought, if I only saw him on TV. It was fine, as long as he was happy. She was sitting there alone and hadn't noticed a pair of sneakers standing in front of her. She looked up and was surprised to see a face she had only seen on her screen of her phone or laptop. 

HOST: Always my favourite. 

HYEJIN: You do have a lot of favourite scenes. 

HOST: What can I say? I am a fan of your work, Hwan Hyejin. 

HYEJIN: Why, thank you. I shall now proceed. So, the story ends after the two finally sees each other after a year and after explaining the main events of my story, Highlight, I will now explain why the title is called that. It is not because of SEVENTEEN's song Highlight—although I do enjoy that song very much—but because this story of mine highlights the beautiful moment—the probable rare moments—that an idol will encounter in their lives. 

HOST: Thus, the title Highlight?

HYEJIN: That is correct. 

HOST: That is very beautiful and meaningful, Hwan Hyejin. I'm afraid we have to go now, since the time has already passed. Gee, time sure does fly when discussing everyone's favourite story, am I right?

HYEJIN: You flatter me, but I am just like any normal girl or Carat in South Korea, please. Thank you for having me on the show, however. 

HOST: We are glad to have you. This is Ryu Seungwoo from KBS Celebrity Twenty-Four...

HYEJIN: And Hwan Hyejin, the author of Highlight

HOST: ...and we are signing off now! Thank you and good noon, South Korea! 

~Author's Notes~ 

Another short chapter, I'm sorry! But I still hope you enjoyed this chapter which was written rather differently. Oh, and right next to me is my phone which is playing Produce 101 s2's final 20's song—Always. Anyone got tissues?

 Anyone got tissues?