Chapter 13 - Friends...

Start from the beginning

She reaches out and slaps me on the face, making me fall back onto the lockers. My cheek starts to sting and my eyes puff up.

Before i could do anything, Julia vanishes down the hall.

I feel dizzy, my head hit the lockers. I wasn't expecting her to slap me that hard. My eyes fill with tears, she used to be a good friend of mine, now she's changed into a monster.

I slide down, against the lockers, remembering the old Julia. I never thought she would change so quickly like that, i guess moving does really change you. Like it changed Julia when she moved to another group, my parent, Andrea... even me.

< 🥀 >

It's 9:30 at night and my parents still aren't home.

BUZZ. i look down at my phone.

Mum: Sorry sweetie me and your father aren't home. Your dad is at a meeting and i have to stay back and do some work for the night. We won't be back till 11:30

Me: that's okay mum, i'll look after the boys :)

Mum: okay thanks Jessy

"Pfft as if" i laugh.

I take this as an advantage to sneak out to the boxing gym.

I get dressed into my sports gear and just as i go to leave i turn to my brothers who are sitting on the couch playing FIFA 17 on the Ps4.

"Oi, shit heads" i shout.

"What is it bitch" Liam shouts while playing.

"Don't tell mum i snuck out" i say.

"And what's in it for us?" Noah asks.

"I'll.." i think for a moment. "I'll bring home a tub of ice cream and you both can eat it for yourselves" i say.

"Hmmm" Noah hums.

"Nope" he says.

"Oh come on" i say closing the door.

"Not good enough" Liam says, shaking his head.

"Fine, i'll bring home TWO tubs" i sigh.

They both pause and look at each other for a second. "What flavor?" Liam asks.

"Caramel" i already know they have a sweet tooth for anything to do with caramel.

"Deal, now go away slut" Noah says.

"Thank you for your cooperation" i smile, shutting the door behind me. I roll my eyes as i walk towards the boxing gym.

"Oh shit" i say. I forgot that it's been raining for a while

5 minutes later i arrive at the front door. My hair is soaking wet, so is my clothes. I can hear someone punching at a punching bag from the inside, it must be Gray.

"Hey Grayson, who i'm a fighting next week" i say placing my bag next to a bunch of lockers.

I look at him. He has his shirt off and i can see his back dimples. His whole body is wet from the rain and he is out of breath as he lays his forehead against the bag.

He doesn't reply. I look at him again. Something's wrong, i can see his not okay.

"Grayson?" i ask softly, walking up to him.

I tilt my head, so i could be able to see his face. "Gray is something wrong? You can tell me." i ask again.

I can see a small tear roll down his cheek. He squints his eyes and walks over to his bag. "Nothing's wrong" he says, his voice was deep and husky, he must have been crying.

"Grayson" i say. "Something clearly wrong here. You can trust me." i say as i walk over to him, placing my hand on his massive shoulder. My hand could barely fit around his shoulder, that's how massive it was. 

His adam's apple roll as he swallows. He blinks a couple times before opening his mouth to speak. "I-I-I-I I just can't believe she would do something like this to me" he says, trying hard not to let his tears escape.

It must be about Julia. "Grayson.." i whisper. I wrap my arms around his body, as he buries his nose inside my neck. His body is dripping wet from the rain, but i couldn't care less. He holds me tightly.

"I feel like such an idiot crying about this, but she meant so much to me. It's like she's gone..." he says. I can feel his tears hitting my neck.

I frown. She meant so much to me.

"I should have told you sooner" i say, i was so short compared to him that my head only reaches his chest, i could hear his fast heart beat.

"No need, i already knew about it" he sniffles.

I half release from the hug, looking up at him. "How long?" i ask, looking back and forth at each of his eyes.

He licks his top lip. "Since, Elina's party" he says.

"So that's why you left so early. I knew something wasn't right" i say. I was right, he was acting strange that night. I knew because he said he had football practice, and its spring. Football doesn't start till Autumn.

"Grayson, we should have talked about this sooner. You know i would have listened, i can help" i say.

"Yeah... but" he stutters. "I thought she would change, but after that snap she took not long ago, it's like she slipped right out of my fingers." he says looking to the floor. "I thought i was the one for her"

I bite my lip. "Grayson, you don't deserve someone like that, there are lots of other fish in the sea, you can find someone better than Julia" i say, giving him a slight smile. "And as soon as those fish know, they'll come running for you like a herd of wild... cows." i say.

We both chuckle at my really stupid joke. I see a small smirk apear on his face. "Thanks" he smiles.

"Aye, no problem, Friends stick up for friends." i say hugging him again. He hugs back.

Friends...

"I'm gonna kill Cameron" he whispers in my hair.

"Go right ahead, i'll be right behind you" I smile.

A/N Hope you like this book so far cause i'm having a blast writing it :))

Get ready for some crazy shit soon!

- Serena xoxox