Chapter 1 - Moving

"Mum, you can't do this to me! This whole house is my life!" I say following my mum, as she packs boxes in the moving truck. My parents decided to move to a new town in New Jersey weeks ago, but the trick was that they never told me. I honestly want to KILL them right now.

"Jessy, you don't decide the decisions me and your father make, we do." she says placing the box in the back of the massive truck.

"you didn't even tell me! Could've you at least done that! Then we wouldn't of been having this argument." i say crossing my arms. She gives me a contempt face.

I sigh. "you never let me do anything" i whisper under my breath.

"don't you give me attitude, we are giving you an opportunity to set you life out. Getting you into a good school, then you get a good job. Like i don't know, a lawyer?" she says, tilting her head to the side.

"what if i didn't want to be a lawyer?" I say.

"then you can be a doctor" she says walking back to the house, to get more boxes.

I growl in frustration. "Mum, i don't want to be something I'm not. Remember when i was a kid, and you told me i didn't have to be something i didn't like doing?" i say, trying to keep up with her.

She doesn't respond. "well guess what! You're forcing me to be a lawyer and i don't want to!" i say.

She doesn't respond. "Forget it! you never listen!" i huff. She turns around and slams the box she was holding on the wooden floor boards, making a loud thud.

"I'm listening now. Go a head" she says, putting her hands on her hips.

I glare at her. "you're going to say n.." "tell me" she says, in a very angry tone.

I gulp, I just know it, she's going to reject it. "what if I wanted to be a boxer?" I say, trying to keep a straight face.

She laughs, then looks back at me. "oh your not joking?" she stops.

"See I told you! Don't talk to me, just, just don't talk to me!" I say, trying to keep my tears from pouring out. I storm off to my, now empty room.

I sit on my plain bed, burying my face in my hands. It's like my parents are controlling my life, they don't even ask for my opinions. And not asking if it was okay to move to another town, was not okay at all. I manage to keep back my tears. I hear two sets of feet coming up the stairs.

"Can you give it back please!" I hear Liam outside my bedroom. "No, it's mine" It must be Liam and Noah, my 12 year old brothers , fighting again. Their twins, so I don't blame them for being annoying.

They both burst into my room. "Jessy, this skate board's mine right?" Noah asks me, pointing at the skate board, with a Suicide Squad print on the back. "No, that's Liam's. Remember he got it at the shabby surfers shop?" i say

"ha" Liam says, snatching the board from him. "told you" he says walking out of my room.

"wait, you can't trust Jessy to say the truth!" Noah says running after him.

I roll my eyes, they both so annoying. Their only 12 and they both already have girlfriends. It's funny thinking about how stupid their relationships must be at 12. Oh, so they catch the bus down to McDonalds, buy a few chips and go back home. Relationships at 16 are way better, not saying i've ever had a relationship before though. You get your L's, so you can drive places. You have more money to spend and they last at least 6 months, way more than 2 weeks, like a 12 year old relationship would go for. But obviously my parents won't let me do that stuff anyway.

"twelvies" i say packing my shit in my luggage.