She never would’ve guessed that Julia was the type of women to pursue men ruthlessly. If the conversation with Heath last night had never happened, then she might’ve even been enthusiastic to work with Julia.

But it had happened and she got a small peek into who Julia really was besides a reliable business woman. However, to Claire, that was really all that mattered. She wasn’t there to be friendly with Julia—she was there to work for the hotel, regardless of who was in the position above her.

“Good morning, Claire. Your kids are cute.” Julia smiled at her warmly.

“Oh, they’re not mine.” Claire quickly said and explained the situation of that morning.

In the end, Julia looked at Clay and Belle again before smiling. “There are similarities between you. But it must be because of your brother. I’m guessing you two look alike?”

Claire nodded. “We could convince people we were twins if we wanted to.”

Julia laughed lightly and Claire was finding it really hard to not like the woman. Her laughs were genuine, and her questions had no motives behind them—they were just out of pure curiosity. Julia was a likeable person.

Now that she thought about it, when did Claire allow others to make first impressions of people for her, regardless if it was Heath or not? She could judge for herself who kind of person Julia was. And so far, she seemed like any other friendly woman.

“A male Claire Sparks.” Julia chuckled before muttering to herself. “Sounds like he’d be an interesting guy to meet.”

Or maybe I spoke too soon.

Just as Claire thought that, Julia spoke again. “Anyway, I just wanted to check out what was happening around the hotel during the morning. I’m guessing you’re not usually in the daycare during this time?”

Claire nodded in confirmation and Julia nodded back in acknowledgement. “Well, I’ll be continuing my personal tour around the hotel. If I need you, I’ll make sure to call for you.” She smiled and turned around before walking away.

>>>>><<<<< 

Claire was working at the front desk of Bishop Lodgings—checking in guests—when someone walked through the front doors of the hotel. She thought nothing of it since the doors of Bishop Lodgings constantly opened and closed since guests were always coming and going.

But it turned out that the person was…more than just a guest. After the couple in front of Claire left to go check into their room, Claire looked up at the new arrival. And stared.

She looked familiar, but Claire couldn’t quite figure out who she was. There were always plenty of people in Bishop Lodgings and her memory wasn’t that great that she would actually remember every guest. She only got to know every employee’s name through time, but she definitely remembered the woman’s face.