Chapter 5.

Rachel's P.O.V.

The 3 weeks of walking on crutches had flown by pretty fast. In 10 days, I would be able to get my boot off. The weeks had pretty much consisted of me and Liam lounging around his flat in sweats every day or lounging around Niall’s flat watching rom-coms, as he steadily got out of plans with his girlfriend to spend time with me.

10 days later and I was finally out of my boot. Thanksgiving had come and gone. Christmas was just around the corner, along with Louis’ birthday. I had gotten my boot off in the morning and was currently racing around my room packing. Simon had given the boys, their girlfriends and I a surprise Christmas present. We were going to stay in the Bahamas till the 29th when we would then fly out to New York to play after the ball dropped. I was so excited. We also had a few concerts to play while we were in the Bahamas but they were small gigs.

Nonetheless I was pumped. I was flying around my room throwing all the necessary clothing into my Suitcases. I had fit everything perfectly into my two suitcases. I then threw my phone, I pad, and any other necessities into my carry on.

I lugged my suitcases down the stairs one by one, till they were sitting next to my front door. I set my carry on down and jogged up the stairs to my room. I stripped out of my clothes and threw on a pair of Niall’s joggers, and Liam’s batman tee-shirt. I grabbed my ray bans and then headed back to the front door. Slipping on my toms, I swung the door open, tugging my luggage behind me. Blowing my hair out of my face, I tugged my suitcases to the front steps, and once I was about to carry them down the steps, the weight was taken out of my hand. I looked up quickly to see a smiling Niall in similar attire to mine; taking both my suitcases at once down the steps and dragging them to the boot of the car. There were 3 range rovers parked out front, to take us to the airport. Security was also coming to make sure we got there safely and Paul was coming to watch over us in case fans found out our locations.

I grabbed my carry on from inside the house, locked the door behind me and scurried down the pathway to Liam, who was moving things around in the boot of the car. I threw my carry on top of our suitcases, finally shutting the full boot. Liam, Niall and I climbed inside the rover, where it instantly purred to life and pulled off the curb, the other 2 falling right behind us. I lent my head against Liam’s shoulder, plugging my head phones in and letting the music overwhelm me. Niall Liam and I were in one rover because amber couldn’t come on the trip, Zayn and Perrie were in the second one, and Harry, Louis and Eleanor were in the last one.

***

A half hour later we were at the airport. Security loaded our luggage up fairly quickly, and we were through airport security in no time. Boarding the plane early to avoid any one recognizing us. Liam was sat in the window seat, me in the middle and Niall in the isle seat, Louis and Eleanor behind us, Zayn and perrie in front of us, and Harry in the row across from ours.

***

The flight felt like it flew by. No pun intended. We had landed and had already gone through border control, baggage claim and were piling into the 4 range rovers sent to pick us up and to take us to our resort.

When we reached the resort, we found out we had our own modern beach houses to stay in. There were 3 of them so we split up into groups, by who we rode with to the airport. We all trudged into our own houses. Right when I set my suitcase down I heard a scream come from Harry’s cabin. I ran out the door and headed towards the house next door. Upon reaching the open door, the boys and Perrie were all behind me. Standing in the entryway being attacked by Harry’s lips was Cher.

“CHER!” I screamed. Running over to the embracing couple and shoving Harry off of her to tackle her to the ground in a giant bear hug.

“Oh my god. I missed you so much. I have so much to tell you” I squealed into her shoulder. We giggled and squealed a little more till someone promptly lifted me off of Cher on the floor. I felt arms pull me into a firm chest and immediately I knew it was Liam.