Back To School and Lies

A/N Yo! So guys, I wanted to just thank AloneButNotLonley for commenting so much :) I love you!! You guys can help her out, you know. I'll mention your name in each authors note in each chapter so c'mon, comment, vote, and fan!

Also, I'm going to start adding questions at the end of every chapter so I'd love it if you guys could answer them!

I do not own anything from the Harry Potter series, that all is JK Rowling's whilst Amber and many more are mine. Enjoy :)

PS EDITED BY THE AMAZING lilredwolfie

(important authors note at the end)

+

After Christmas and New Years, things between Sirius and I had been a bit... Awkward. We would kind of just glance at each other and not really say anything unless James forced us to. We still hadn't told James what had happened on Christmas so hopefully when we do, he won't get mad.

"Hurry up!" Alice groaned, dragging me towards the Gryffindor Common Room. I caught up with her pace and walked next to her, "We've only been back for what, a day?" I mumbled as we made it to the common room and I sat down on the couch. Alice nodded, "It feels like longer." I groaned this time and tucked my legs under my bum, leaning on the arm rest.

"Can I just sleep?" I muttered as I closed my eyes. "Nope, get up." James said, laying next to me and propping his head on my knees. I sighed, "I can't if you're on me, James." He shrugged and didn't move an inch. "I've been thinking," Lily announced walking towards the three of us.

"Don't say it." I whispered to James. I -we- knew that he was probably going to say, "You're finally saying yes to me?" He huffed and sat up, glaring at me. "What is it Lily?" Alice asked, looking at James and I with an amused look. I have her a funny face before looking over at the perplexed looking Lily.

"I think... I think that there's something weird with Remus." She said quietly. I glanced quickly at James. "What do you mean?" I asked casually. She looked around the common room, "I mean that he's always sick around the full moon and the night after it he's always banged up..." She crossed her arms over her chest, "I have a feeling that he's a..." She glanced around the common room again and moved closer to us, "a werewolf." She whispered.

I looked at her, masking my amused face with shock. Leave it to Lily to figure it out. I looked to Alice who was chewing on her bottom lip, "It does make sense. I mean, I never once pictured him as a guy who has a rabbit... What if he is?" She questioned, looking at us all. James cleared his throat,
"We don't do anything-" "I wouldn't be talking, Prongs," Lily said his nickname coldly, "you're one of his best friends. You call him 'Moony'." Lily looked down quickly before looking back up at us, her eyes wide. "Oh my God...." She stood quickly and dashed out of the common room.

"James," Alice said cautiously, "is he one?" James responded with standing up abruptly and going up to the boys dorm. She looked to me, her eyes full of fear, "Oh my Merlin, Amber. I've heard so many bad things about them... But Remus, he's-he's so nice, so sweet... So smart..." She looked like she was about to cry as she looked down at her lap.

"I've been taught to stay away from them. What if he is one, Amb?" She asked me quietly, looking up at me. I shrugged my shoulders and put my hand on her shoulder, "I promise you, even if he is one, he will always be the same guy." She nodded her head and swallowed hard, "I hope."

====^•^====

Remus.

Remus.

Poor, poor, Remus.

He was pacing in front of the Marauders and I. He looked so concerned, so scared, I just wanted to give him a big hug and tell him everything will be okay. "What if I tell and they get scared? What if they tell everyone? What if they never come near me again? What if-" "Stop rambling, Remus!" I cut him off, yelling over his frets. He looked over at me glaring, something Remus hardly ever does, "Thanks for that, Ember, but right now I'm really stressed out. Everyone HATES werewolves." He growled, punching his bedpost.