cinque

Harlem 147th street Amsterdam Ave  Two o'clock am or one o'clock am?

Two o'clock am or one o'clock am?

Indya glanced back at the suitcases on the fluffy white rug. "One." She decided out loud. She still had to add a little stuff to her luggage. She finished paying for the plane ticket with the credit she didn't use from when her flight to the Bahamas got cancelled.

Your order is complete :)

Her screen read. She laughed at how corny the smiley face was.

She could not wait to go to California. This trip would be a test trip, to observe her surroundings in Los Angeles and see how things interacted. If she liked it, she'd continue to consider living in that state. Whereas if she didn't like it, she'd look into other options.

A close friend of hers was allowing her to reside with him for the time she was there. Although she liked his presence and vibe, she was naturally independent and wanted to remain independent while she was there, it would be no different than how was in New York.

She had ten hours before the flight, including the time it takes to get there. She could do light shopping, in her favorite areas before she arrived.

Keeping it original, she pulled out a yellow writing pad and a ballpoint pen.

She scribbled down areas and neighborhoods of Manhattan to go to before LA. She'd start with the bottom of the island and make her way up, back to Harlem.

She paired her outfit together and made her way down to the train on 148th.

"I'll take two buttercream icing and one banana pudding." Indya finished off with a smile.

The man with the dreads blinked back at her. "You're going to eat all of that?"

Indya laughed a little and nodded her head. "Yes, now if you could pretty please put my order in, I'm in a rush."

"Okay okay." He held his hand up in defense. Indya laughed again and made her way to the line. After purchasing her desserts, she glanced at her watch. The clock was at 10:32pm.

Her heart dropped and she began to feel a wave of anxiety take over her body. It was getting very close to her departure time and she needed to be in the airport at least one hour before flight. She was standing in front of the Magnolia Bakery on Rockefeller. Her legs began to take her right and down the stairs to the subway.

She really didn't want to take the B train and wait on all the local stops but at this time, she'd take the B or D. Within a matter of minutes the D train arrived and twenty minutes later, she was rushing up her five story building and into her apartment. She quickly took a shower, got dressed, and packed her new items into her belongings.