chapter 4: "Okay okay you both have jokes."

Chapter 4: "Okay, okay you both have jokes."

It was a long weekend at school, because some gas leak I dont know. Therefore Luke said every wakening hour he working with me. I not going to lie, I think I peed a little. Luke is scary, persuasive, and scary. Hes seems dark, full of dark past but I usally think to munch. Im an overachiever, quiet, over thinker, and so much more that luke is not. So I dont know how is this going to work

Sitting with my legs crossed on my bed just playing with my fingers waiting. I get a buzz at my buzzer. I scramble off my bed and press the listen button.

"Yea?" I talk into the speaker.

"Theres a vistor outside the gate, his name seems to be Luke Parker." My eyes flew open.

"Let him in." I shout.

"I can not do that Ms . Juilliard please meet this boy outside." Benjamin says. Benjamin can be the most stubborn bodygaurd ever. Just open the hecking door.

"By my orders open the gate. Benjamin! Oh sweet baby toes, Benjamin!" I heard the other line was dead. Im talking to a speaker, great.

I slip on my flip-flops and run down the stairs. "Where you going?" I froze at the kitchen.

"Going to pick up my friend from the gate." I squeak.

"I thought you had no friends." My mom says bluntly.

"Umm hes a weird kind of friend." I say awkwardly.

"Wait, wait wait he? Whos he?" My dad interrupt. "Is this boy some kind if rebound." I almost choked on my own saliva.

"Dad, mom I need to get him at the gates so if u excuse me." I walk out the front door and I see Luke lighting up a cigarette.

"Took you long enough. Oh sweet sweet baby toes!" Luke starts to mock me.

"Hey I only said sweet one time." I lamely defend myslef. I snatch the cigarette out his mouth and throw it out crushing it with my foot.

"What the hell that's my last one." Luke eyes look like as if they were 'bout to fall out.

"Relax, no smoking." I point at the sign and Luke nods.

"So you never told me your neighbors with Mckenzie. " I think my heart stopped beating.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"Did you forget that we used to be an item." I nod. "And in approximately 2 minutes she coming in her gate way. So get over here."

"Huh?" Luke grabs me by my waist and pulls me to him and pins me down to his car. Mckenzie car drives slowly past us and I could see the fury in her devil eyes. Once she was in her parking lot I push Luke off of me.

"What the heck is that?" I snarl.

"The plan." Luke winks at me and starts walking. "So how did you and Mckenzie become neighbors?"

I started to explain to him everything, everything that Mckenzie said she'll kill me for saying. It started in third grade, dad had got a new partner. Mckenzie dad and mother, dad makes eight times more than a lawyer and judge combined. Big money equals big pay. Dad didn't like Mr. Hollister living 2 hours away. So that big house that Mckenzie lives in, yeah that my dads. He bought them that house. Mckenzie didnt get into a Beverly school until fifth grade, she wasnt rich enough I guess. But when she got more invested money she got more picky. More like a spoiled brat. I was never that type, but Mckenzie thought that what I was leading on. So everything I did Mckenzie did, but better. It was a jealous rage. So I guess its been Mckenzie life purpose is to take everything good from me. And telling Luke this he seemed pretty interested.