Kara laughed. "That's great, Winn!"

"Where's Alex. I need to rub it in her face that I got a date-" He froze when he saw Kara's expression fall. "Wait- did- did something happen between you two?"

"From what I understand, they got into an argument." Lena sighed and rubbed Kara's back soothingly.

"Is that why she isn't here?" Winn whispered lowly.

"Y-yeah. Probably." Kara sighed, scrunching up her face a bit.

"H-hey, it'll probably work out, knowing you two..." He trailed off. "This isn't like usual, is it."

Kara shook her head. Winn took a deep breath. "I'm sorry." He said lowly.

"It's going to be okay. I hope." Kara chuckled sadly. "I just hope she doesn't avoid me all year."

"She wouldn't do that- wait. Yeah she would. This is Alex we're talking about."

"Not helping, Winn." Kara winced.

"Sorry, sorry." He grimaced when he saw the disappointed look Lena threw at him. "I-uh, well-" He grabbed a waffle from his left on table. "I'm meeting up with Mon-El before class, so I'll see you- uh, both later." Winn smiled, took a large bite out of his waffle, and got up. "I really hope you and Alex work everything out soon."

"Yeah, me too." Kara sighed and waved at Winn when he started to walk away from the table. She dropped her head onto the table and sighed. "I really don't want to go to class today."

"Then don't." Lena said, resting her elbow on the table and putting her chin in her palm.

Kara quickly raised her head up and looked confusedly at Lena. "Wait, what?"

"Don't go. We should skip. If you don't feel up to it, you shouldn't go to classes." Lena looked at Kara amusedly.

Kara gasped. "I've never-" She lowered her voice to a conspiratory whisper. "I've never skipped ."

Lena laughed. "Mm. I can tell. I've got a great spot to hide out- I used to go there all the time when people were being especially cruel to me when -well, when-"

"I understand." Kara smiled at Lena tenderly. "Thank you." She quickly leaned in to give Lena a lingering kiss on the cheek. Lena's breath picked up and Kara giggled when she drew back. "We should go before anyone notices." Kara said getting up. She grabbed a few pancakes and muffins and wrapped them in a napkin. "For later." She mumbled.

"Has anyone ever told you that your appetite is absolutely ridiculous." Lena laughed, getting up and grabbing her bag.

"Yeah, Alex tells me all the time-" Her voice broke off. Lena took her hand and led them out of the Great Hall.

"What is this place." Kara whispered in awe when they stepped through a small door. "I've- I've never seen that door there."

Lena shrugged. "I hadn't either until I needed a place to hide during second year."

Kara smiled at her sadly and took in their surroundings. They stood in a small room with a couple of worn out couches and a dusty record player pushed against the wall. Kara laughed. "How old do you think this thing is?"

"Probably very old." Lena smiled. "I'd never seen one until I found this place though, so imagine my confusion."

Kara hummed and scanned through the stack of dusty records leaning against the player. "My dad used to have a collection. I still remember it because every Friday he would play music and the sounds would just echo around the house." She smiled to herself at the memory.