Chapter 3

Tappahannock, VA 4:00 am

Chris,

I unlocked my doors and walked into my pitch black house. I closed the door behind me and threw my keys on the table. I walked up the stairs and into my room. I cut the light on. I then got into the shower and took a quick bath. I got out with the towel wrapped around my waist.

I grabbed some underwear from the my draw and then laid down. I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through instagram. As I scrolled, my phone began to ring. The number was unknown. "Hello?" I said. "Hello" a female voice said on the other line. "Who's this?" I asked. "Take a guess" she said. "I don't know..." I said looking at my phone again.

"Guess baby" she continued. "Man look ion know you just tell me your name" I said a little agitated. She laughed lowly. "Its ma'kayla " she said. Who the hell? "Hey baby" I said. "Hey...why didn't you call me back?" she asked. "I had some business to attend to baby, you know how i do" I lied. "Oh okay...did you miss me?" she asked.

Honestly i don't know who I'm talking to. I'm trying to be nice and not dis her. "Yeah baby i missed you...your fine ass" I said. She giggled. "Boy stop playing" she said. "I aint playing baby" I said. "Then why are there and not here?" She asked. I didn't know what to say. "Hello?" she said. No reply. "Chris" she called. Still no reply. The line went dead. I let out a loud sigh before putting my phone on the charger.

I laid back and began to think about Beyoncé. Damn she looked last night. But then again she seemed so uninterested in me. I sat up in my bed and grabbed my phone off the night stand. I dialed nicki's number. "Hello" she said sleeply. "Ayo nicki its chris do you have Beyoncé's number?" I asked.

"Hold the fuck up. Chris do you know what time it is? 4:30 and you waking me up to get Beyoncé's number? What the hell wrong with chu? Are you crazy or loco?"she asked in a irritated voice. "No I  just want her number, girl chill. Y'all females don't play when it comes to sleep. Can I please get her number?" I asked.

"You damn right we don't play. Now hol' on I finna get it for you" she said. The line went quiet for a moment. "Okay it's 973-407-6060" she said then hung up. I chuckled to myself. I put the number in my phone and then called it.

"Hello?" She answered. Her voice was so soothing and calm. "Is this Beyoncé?"I asked in a charming voice. "Yes this is her who are you?" She asked. "Its chris" I said laying back in my bed. "How did you get my number?" She asked sounding a little confused. "Nicki gave it to me. I was going to ask you for it but walked off before I had a chance" I said.

Beyoncé

"Look I have to go bed soon so what do you want?" I asked. Ima kill nicki. I can't believe she gave him my number. "Look can I take you out Friday night?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. I heard've about him. He's the type of dude that just wants to smash and past. But I know better. "I can't I have some stuff to do. Maybe another time?" I asked. I heard him sigh. "Alright how bout Saturday night?" He asked. "Sounds great. I'll talk to you in the morning" I said. "Okay. Goodnight beautiful" he said before the line went dead.

I got up and went downstairs to get a drink of water when someone knocked on my door. I opened it to see Anderson standing there with flowers in his hands. How did he know that I was in Virginia?. "Anderson how did you know I was in Virginia?" I asked. "And how did you know which room I was in?" I asked folding my arm. "Your mom told me where you were" he said looking me up and down. "You look beautiful by the ways and I got you these" he said handing them to me. My mom is so annoying with the shit. Why does she keep sending him here knowing that I have Zero feelings for him?

I let him in the house and he then took a seat on the couch. "This is nice" he said looking around. "Thank you" I said placing the flowers in a vase. I got a drink of water and poured him some. I walked over to where he was and handed the glass too him. "So how you been?" He asked. "Sleepy honestly" I replied. "How about you?" I asked taking another sip of my water. "I've been good. The company is great also. Did I tell you about the investment that was made the other day?" He asked. "Yes you d-" I was cut off by him. "That was a risky investment but we made over 3 million dollars."he continued. "Yes my m-" I was cut off once again by him. "That's why I'm CEO because I know my buisness." He said chuckling and taking a sip of his water. He continued talking while I sat there unfazed by how inconsiderate he was.

"Look Anderson" I said cutting him off. "I have to go to bed" I said walking to the door and opening it. "So if you don't mind" I said putting my hands in my hips. He looked at me and then got up. He handed me the glass. "Have a g-" he was cut off by the door slamming in his face. I walked off and placed the glasses in the sink. I went to my room and did my normal hygiene before going to bed.

I climbed into my bed and got under the covers. I closed my eyes and soon went to sleep.