Chapter 6

The day of the Spring Festival had arrived. Piper had awoken refreshed and happy as ever. Today was a big day for her. It would be her first time attending the celebration. She'd be with her dad and best friend. And, if she were lucky, Jason would be there as well. She knew she shouldn't get her hopes up, but she couldn't help it. It would be nice to see him.

Piper left her bedroom, meeting her dad and Leo in the kitchen. Her dad was making a pot of coffee and Leo was making breakfast for them while jamming out to some song in Spanish. When Piper entered, she decided to set the table for their meal. Just as she finished up, Leo set a plate of waffles and bacon onto the table.

"Bon appétit!," Piper announced, digging into her meal. Everyone else did the same, not knowing when they'd be eating next. When they finished, not a single crumb was left on their plates.

Each of them went back to their rooms to get ready. The process, as expected, took hours. Piper and Tristan knew what they were doing, but Leo didn't. He'd pop into one of their rooms every so often asking for help with something, rather it'd be to put a tie on or apply make up. They, like any good person, would help him out, even though it took them longer to get ready. Then again, they didn't care; they both knew Leo was new to this.

Around three, Tristan's chauffeur pulled up. On a normal day, it would only take an hour and a half, two at most, to reach the area the festival was being held, but they had to account for traffic. On top of that, every reporter in the kingdom would be there to document everything, so that meant they'd be pulling the famous actor away for interviews.

"The sooner we leave, the sooner we get there. And the sooner we get there, the sooner I can deal with the paparazzi and hang out with you kids," Tristan explained when Leo asked why. To them it seemed logical.

So they spent the car ride talking, playing cards, listening to music and scrolling through phones. When they weren't interacting, they were quiet, looking out the windows.

Just as expected, they drove through two hours and fifteen minutes of traffic. When they pulled up the entrance, they spotted many celebrities already surrounded by multiple reporters. When Tristan exited the car, the swarm of people came over to him, and soon to Leo and Piper. They asked questions.

"Mr. McLean, what's your next big plan?"

"Are you seeing anyone?"

"Do you have anything for your fans to look out for?"

Piper stood away from the commotion, Leo beside her. They were standing off to the side, waiting for her father to finish up his interviews. Or, that was the plan till one of them spotted the younger two. One reporter started to rush over, as well as a few others. Piper grabbed Leo's arm and started to drag him away. Tristan noticed, and excused himself to join his two children.

The group of three hurried away before the paparazzi could catch up, only to be stopped again by the top news channel that asked the famous McLean about his outfit. Piper and Leo once again waited, though it was short. Maybe five minutes at most.

Tristan led both kids away from the cameras and crowds, and to where the festivities would be held. A soldier guarding the entrance stopped them, asking for their names, as all the guards were required to.

"McLean," Tristan answered for all three of them. Leo normally went under the name as well during times like these.

"Follow me," the man said.

Piper and Tristan shared a confused look. Piper cast a glance at Leo, seeing a grin across his face.

"Do you know anything about this?"