Chapter 14

Chapter 14

~Hope's pov~

They had finally thought I was behaving enough to take the straightjacket off of me. I had been relieved too. They transferred me to a different room, one with an actual bed.The little furniture that it had was bolted to the ground.

Sounds of the door being unlocked had echoed through my room, and Sally said a quick goodbye and promised to be back.

She slipped behind the big man as he opened the door and made his way in. I sat up on the bed.

"Ms. Grande? I'm officer Evans, and I'm here to ask you questions on the death of a nurse and security guard. Knowing you're unstable, I don't expect much from you," his husky deep voice said.

I looked up into his black eyes. They were soft and kind. I smiled.

"I'm perfectly stable, officer. This is all actually a mistake, I'm not supposed to be here. I was falsely accused of insanity," I said firmly, but kindly.

He raised his eyebrows questionably.

"Is that so? You don't sound insane. Nor do you look- nah I take that back, you look like hell to be honest," he said, grinning widely and hoping I would understand it as a joke. I laughed politely.

"I probably do," I replied. I knew that I looked terrible. I hadn't bathed in a few days, my hair was all in my face, and I of course had bags under my eyes.

"Ok, so I guess I can expect much from you. So, my first question is; who killed the two victims?" he asked, getting serious.

"I swear to God, it wasn't me," I answered, getting angry. I hadn't thought of how to explain those deaths.

Then again, I hadn't thought I would get caught and dragged back here either.

I would need Sally's help in explaining this. I couldn't just say a little girl had killed those people and broke me out.

"And I believe you Ms. Grande. But would you mind explaining to me who did kill them?" Officer Evans asked.

"You do not believe me for even a second, I can hear that tone in your voice," I accused. He chuckled, knowing I was correct. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Ok, you caught me. But seriously, you seem to be avoiding my question. If you 'didn't kill them,' then who did?"

I had been avoiding the question, stalling, trying to come up with a quick lie.

Where was Sally?

"It was a man; he wore a black hoodie, black jeans, and dark blue converse. He had on a b-blue mask. He was the man who had attacked me before, you must've seen the reports on the news!" I stuttered. The hole in my chest widened when I described EJ.

The officer's face went pale. But he quickly composed himself.

"Why would the guy who tried to kill you, try to break you out of an asylum?" he questioned, going slightly off topic.

"He wasn't trying to break me out. He had came back to finally kill me off. He killed those two people to get to me. But... I, um, I fought him off and began to run, and I tried to get as far away from him as I could," I lied shakily.

The officer seemed almost convinced. I silently prayed that he would just believe me. But I knew praying wouldn't help me, I didn't deserve God's help. I had sinned too many times.

"I know who you're talking about. He's been around here for awhile. A true murderer, no one has ever been close to even capturing him. People rumored that he was actually a ghost. According to the force, he's just a crazed killer on steroids."