Chapter 5

Warning: Extreme gore

Arthur clutched a handful of Alfred's jacket in his shaking hand.

This couldn't be real

This wasn't real.

There was no way it was.

But then again, the proof that this was indeed real was right in front of his face. He didn't even know he was screaming. It was so unreal. Alfred stood next to him, a hand squeezing his shoulder. His touch felt like fire. Everything felt like fire.

He watched in horror as Alfred took the first step in the house. His fist tightened around Alfred's jacket, silently begging him to stay.

Two words repeated themselves in his mind;

My parents.

Tears stung his eyes and spilled over his bottom lids. They were dead. He didn't even have to go over and check to see if there was a pulse, because it was obvious.

His father. There was no way in telling how he was feeling in the face of death, because his head was not attached to body. Nor was it anywhere in sight. His arms and legs were twisted at angles that were sickening. Not an inch of his pale (now almost gray) skin wasn't covered in blood. Whose blood it was, he would never find out. There was a large, gaping hole in his abdomen. It had obviously been sliced open, and almost all the organs were still inside, though they were mangled and out of place. Only the intestines were missing.

His mother, seated in that light blue armchair she loved so much, looked so broken. Something had definitely hit her head. The left side of her skull was smashed to smithereens, with her eyeball dangling out of its socket and only holding on by a thread. Her other eye was glazed over. Gray chunks of what could only be her brain littered the floor around her, along with bits of skull and a massive puddle of blood. Her mouth was open just a tad, as if she wanted to speak, but never got the chance to. Some of her teeth were missing, and her mouth was dry with blood. She had the same hole in her abdomen, with her intestines missing as well.

The air was thick with the stench of blood and rotting flesh. Arthur stopped screeching and began coughing. The rancid air was filling his lungs. They began to constrict on him, and he suddenly forgot how to breathe. He let go of Alfred's jacket and clutched his hands to his chest.

When Alfred was free of Arthur's grasp, he took slow, uncertain steps farther into the house. The smell only got worse. Blood was splattered on the walls. He followed a trail of blood up the wall with his eyes, and he wish he hadn't. A hand shot up to cover his mouth as he started to gag.

He now knew where their intestines were.

Sprawled out on the wall was a message; Happy Birthday.

Spelled in intestines.

Alfred was going to be sick. He ran to the trash can in the kitchen to throw up. What was inside the trash can was not was he was expecting to find.

The head of Mr. Kirkland.

He shoved the trash can away and turned to the sink instead. Alfred continued to retch and retch until there was nothing left in his stomach.

Hovered over the sink, his mind was running a mile a minute. He needed to wake up. He brought his arm up to his mouth and bit down, hard.

Shit.

"Fucking hell." Alfred muttered. His eyes shifted to the doorway, where his love was hunched over and trembling. Suddenly, he felt like a complete asshole leaving his boyfriend alone in the doorway, sobbing and choking on the horrendous stench in the air.

Slowly, he tried to make his way to Arthur. But he was so uncoordinated, he tripped over his own feet and fell to the floor with a big 'oomph.' His head hit the tile and it made his vision swim with colorful shapes and swirls. With a low groan, he picked his head up and waited for the world to come back into focus. When it finally did, he noticed a little object in front of his face.

"What the..." Nimble fingers grabbed it and brought it closer to his face. Realization found its way onto his face as he studied the object. Blue eyes went wide with fear once again, and his heart began pounding in his ears.

In his hands, he held an iron nail.

A nail with the letter 'A' carved into the head.

---

Short chapter is short. Sorry but that was a perfect cliffhanger!

Is anyone putting two and two together yet?? Kudos to you if you have! Just don't spoil it for others ;) If you want to guess, PLEASE MESSAGE ME, DO NOT COMMENT IT ON THE STORY! I WANT IT TO BE A SURPRISE!